Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 August 2013
The book was very well laid out but, if you want a book that gives you more day to day assistance with tasks this is not the book for you, I thought that this would be a good addition to the book already in my possession I was wrong.

It has lots of pretty tasks to perform but they have relatively little use.
on 26 October 2011
This book is beautiful and full of Liberty prints and fabrics. The ideas are lovely and I simply love the peacock item in the book and hope to have a go myself. My only hope was perhaps more photos but maybe its me and I should look for a Liberty print book rather than sewing. All in all a wonderful book to add to my ever expanding bookcase.
on 17 April 2012
This is a beautifully produced book and you just want to flick backwards and forwards between the pages. But.... the instructions are difficult to follow. I couldn't have coped unless I was being helped by my mum, a very experienced sewer. I'm sure it misses steps out.
on 12 December 2011
This book is lovely and would be a wonderful present for someone who likes to make things for gifts. I have just made the rose cushion, using Christmas materials. It looks lovely, really easy to do. I am almost tempted to keep it for myself!!
on 14 February 2014
Another book which could be an attractive addition for the coffe table,
Beautiful fabric covered hardback. brightly coloured inviting even the non-sewer to take a look inside!.
Well written, good illustrations. a page turner for those who love working with fabric.
From Roman blinds to tote bags the book is full of ideas and easy to follow instructions.
I suggest that despite your eagerness do make sure that you read the opening pages to enter the world of Liberty and its origins. Fascinating. A book to respect and keep safe for readers in a future lifetime, a modern heirloom perhaps!.
on 7 January 2012
This book is well presented, in fact it's quite stunning for a sewing book. What I like about this book is the fact it does have a range of abilities for the projects. I myself am a novice but I think I could create a fair few of the projects, on the other hand my mum is quite an advanced sewer and she picked up a few ideas of her own.This book probably suits as a gift for someone getting into sewing as it will serve them well as they get better with their skills.

I also like the vintage lay-out style of the book, this suits my learning style and enables me to visualise how projects can be put together, inspiring my own little projects not just copying everything down. This book also has a range of projects, not just cushions and curtains, which from my experience is what most sewing books are comprised of; It has things like the peacock pin-cushion and the e-book cover (which I successfully made).

The only problem I would see is if someone has a learning style that needs exact simple step-by-step instructions, but I am not one of those. I feel it let me have a better understanding of how to put things together because I had to work a few bits out myself, and you know what they say "there is more than one way to skin a cat". The book allowed you to put things together but allowing for your own style of sewing.
on 14 April 2012
As expected some gorgeous designs- not just the lovely Liberty fabric used but the designs are the kind of thing I can see myself making which is not always the case in this type of book. Although I am pretty much a beginner, the designs are well written and look achievable. It would have been nice to have included some information on basic stitches and advice on what would be possible via hand stitching as opposed to machine stitching. Overall highly recommended.
on 17 February 2014
I have had a copy of this delightful book for some years now and bought this copy for a friend who rang me to say how thrilled she was with it and has already started making a couple of things in the book.
If you buy one as a present make sure you buy another copy for yourself, you will love it.
on 24 March 2013
This book is a treat for the eyes with its lovely illustrations but a bit lightweight in terms of the projects included. I would think users of Liberty fabrics might be more confident sewers. However there are a few nice projects and I will keep coming back to the lovely fabric illustrations.
on 19 December 2014
Running a small General Sewing Class,this book along with the Liberty Book of Simple Sewing has provided me with ideal little projects for the beginner/intermediate sewer to feel confident using their machine,good instructions in a beautifully presented book.