Customer reviews

Hix Fish Etc
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 October 2011
I ordered this book as soon as i had seen it would be available on Amazon anticipating another good book by Mark Hix, Unfortunately when looking through my large collection of cookbooks days before this book was due to arrive i noticed the title of a book by Mark Hix i'd had bought for me a few years earlier, "Fish etc" by Mark Hix. Unfortunately when the new version arrived it was exactly the same book but with a different cover, page to page it was exactly the same. if i had known this before I would not have purchased this version. Luckily it came in as a handy last min birthday present for my Sous chef at work. This is a good book and deff worth the buy but if you do own other "fish" books specially by Mark Hix I would think twice.
on 30 November 2011
Fish! We all have different tastes when it comes to fish and some folks enjoy fish alot - while many others could be said to tolerate and eat just a little fish.
It is OK for many of us when we buy fish and chips! It is a favourite... not really the healthiest may I suggest?
Not always the subtle flavour either, read on and study Mark's book and we both will learn to understand the sensational flavours and textures related to fish recipes. We can be educated by those who have gone before.
If you haven't ventured this far before, you are in for a treat.
So I am suggesting we are missing out on many opportunities to enjoy tasty sun-kissed flavours. Mark's new book is a wonderful and encouraging guide to those of us unconvinced by all the varieties of fish available in the fish markets, at the fish shop and at the supermarket counter. It also serves as a help to those who enjoy fish and all types of seafoods in how to prepare fish, preserve it and present it in ways that enhance the myriad of flavours and textures. So many possibilities.
I am beginning to think this book should be call European Fish etc, as the marinades and accompanyments in the recipes have a wonderful and mouthwatering effect when you read them, goodness knows how great the actual dishes will be when I try them.
I enjoyed reading this book and my appetite for fish is growing...I need to go get some now...
on 11 June 2014
Worst cookery book ever - it's so boring with no interest what's so ever! Very basic with nothing new at all
on 2 May 2015
delivered as advertised - collecting the set - all at good pre owned prices