on 14 September 2010
I have just baked the pistachio and orange cake from this book and it was very easy to follow. The recipe did look a bit 'faffy' when I read it but it was all explained clearly and methodically and so was actually very easy to make.

There are so many recipes in this book that I cannot wait to try out, but as my OH does not have a sweet tooth it will have to be one at a time.......

What I love about this book is that it has recipes which are not duplicated in my (far too many) other baking books and the photos are very inspiring.
on 7 July 2011
A brilliant cookery book. This book is unique being cut into two parts one part bake second part decorate. When you are on the bake part you find your cake then on the bottom of the page it tells you what page to go to to decorate it. An overall unique book which should have pride of place in everyones kithchen.
on 20 November 2015
This is a lovely book. Have tried 3 of the cake recipes so far and all have turned out well and are delicious. The decorating section is more for beginners, not for those wishing to do very fancy icing. The designs are simple and fun and very good for a family weekend cake.
on 20 March 2010
This is a truely wonderful book. Usually my baking consists of the odd sponge - however, with clear consise recipes (that work) and beautiful illustrations even a relative novice like me can make something that looks and tastes beautiful. try the shortbread for starters - exquisite!
on 18 December 2012
this was a birthday present for my sister inlaw she seemed pleased with it,
it did look very good to me full of good tips.
on 17 June 2014
This is a gorgeous book that is beautifully presented, well written and lovely to use. The cakes and biscuits are gorgeous.
on 4 May 2010
This book certainly gives a complete beginner like myself the confidence to believe it really is possible to produce truly wonderful cakes and biscuits - the only hard decision to make is which recipe to try first.
The photographs are beautiful and inspiring, the recipes clear and straightforward.
A book definitely worth having!
on 30 April 2010
I love baking but can't wait to go through this wonderful book from cover to cover. Have tried the Ice cream cakes that have been very well received by the grandchildren. Shortcake biscuits and ginger biscuits easy and delicious.
I loved the clear instructions and super photos. Many congratulations Fiona.
on 7 March 2013
VERY GOOD BOOK. ABSOLUTE WONDERFUL AND THE BOOK IS EASY TO FOLLOW
I RECOMMEND IT TO BOTH NEW AND ALL
on 26 October 2016
Wanted this book for ages as I'd seen the series on tele-fab book great recipies