on 4 February 2015
Meh. I have to say from a design point of view its pretty uninspiring. Full of DIY thriftiness for the beginner upcycling enthusiast or house proud student. If this is the category you fall in to then its perfect. If not, Pintrest is cheaper, more informative and inspiring. I had a quick 15 minute read and it went straight on the shelf.
on 29 March 2016
I really like what Ahern curates for her shops and interior design projects but I was underwhelmed by this book and expected so much more. The book 'New London Style' is far better if you're in to eclectic interiors. Or just head to Pinterest. I doubt I'll ever look through this book again, there's very little of interest in it.
on 4 September 2015
I love this book. I bought it as a gift - she loved it too! I previously borrowed a copy from my local library - it has great pictures and lots of ideas and tips. It's great quality - perfect as a gift or for yourself and looks good too!!!
on 30 March 2018
Great book with clear instructions.
on 15 August 2014
A bit too home made for my taste but lots of different ideas
on 3 March 2015
love it
on 21 September 2014
Great book would definitely recommend
on 23 June 2013
Lovely completed interior ideas but lacking in overall practical DIY tips as well as being low on information regarding basic colour combinations. Some before and after pictures would have been good.
on 14 November 2012
Just received my paperback copy from an amazon seller, glad I only paid £7. I follow her blog and caught up with all her past blogs since 2009, ONLY there you will photos to inspire how to decorate your house, unlike this book.
The pages are extra thick giving you the impression it is huge in contents but not really. Some of the photos aren't even inspiring with very plain bedrooms in white shades. Now we all know Abigail raves about dark and dramatic shades!
Too much DIY photos about how to hang a nail etc. I can google that on youtube myself no need to tell us or show us.

What we do need is photos, more more and more photos of how stunning one can decorate rooms with ABIGAIL AHERN'S blooms, animals objects, oversized lamps, great patterns and texture, vintage and new finds. You will find very little of this in her first book and I am seriously hoping she will take this into account for a forthcoming book in 2013!
So my advice, don't bother, go to her blog instead or make a London trip to her shop on Upper Street where you will be truly inspired. I have spent probably over £400 in that shop in one year alone! on her wonderful flowers & couple of vases, they have turned my house into something else! Follower her blog and her facebook page, and you will be better off than this book.
This is coming from a true fan.
on 2 March 2010
Gorgeous! Every girl needs a copy! If you're used to someone else doing all technical jobs in the house (like me) and you suddenly find yourself having to be that person this book will come to the rescue.
Clever little tips and lots of gorgeous pictures that will inspire you immediately.
Enjoy!