Customer reviews

Cake Chic
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 June 2010
Once again Peggy has produced a fantastic book, with beautiful photos and designs and easy to follow instructions. I have all of her books to date and can't wait for the next one!
on 1 November 2011
This book is great for inspiration, but unfortunately many of the recipies require so much gear that they are practically impossible to make unless you invest in all sorts of equipment. But WOW! the cakes are beautiful, and there are both regular cakes and cookies - often with the same design. So worth buying, but only for inspiration not for copying.
on 11 July 2013
I bought Peggy's book Boutique so I wanted to see what her other books where like. I made her Victoria sponge which was lovely. It's good if you like fondant fancies and she gives you a few tips at the back and pictures to show I.e with royal icing it also gives you different flavours of sugar syrups to make for the cakes:).
on 27 October 2009
I was big fan of her first book and I made many cookies and small cakes for my family and frieds.
Although all cakes in this book are very clean and neat,I have seen a lot of similar designs in US. I can see most of ideas are from Martha Stewart. I think she lost her original style.
on 21 August 2013
Way out of my capability, l seem to order then regret it as if its beyond my capability then it cost to send back in some cases just as much as cost of book, so end up keeping.
on 4 November 2011
I want to make a couple of 'special' cakes for 50th and 70th birthdays and needed inspiration as well as achievable results. I already have and enjoyed Pretty Party Cakes book but wanted new ideas. This book has has plenty of those together with great pictures. One criticism is I wish there were more 'large' single cakes for special birthday/occasions as opposed to weddings etc. It is unlikely that I would make a 2 or 3 tier cake for a birthday and adapting to one cake I think would lose the overall effect of the design. That said, I enjoyed the book and would definitely recommend it.
on 11 April 2013
This book is beautiful to look at and and easy to follow. It's inspired me and my 14 year old stepdaughter to try a number of the recipes and they all turned out well. The only criticism is that it's not too different from other Peggy Porschen books. You really are wasting money buying more then one as I did as large part of the books are generic to all her books. Having said that they're lovely to flick through for inspiration.
on 3 June 2013
I bought this as a gift for my friend who was starting her own cake business. She loved it and said it gave her some great ideas and hints on how to make different decorations. I have a flick through and would have to comment that this isnt for an amateur. I would certainly struggle with some of the things in there. If however you like a nice book to inspire you or improve your skills then this could be for you.
VINE VOICEon 9 August 2010
Peggy Porschen creates the most beautiful and imaginative cakes and cookies. Her style is unique and instantly recognisable. This book showcases more of her wonderful work, with clear and precise instructions and plenty of step by step photographs. I was a little disappointed that the recipes are just the same ones she uses in her Romatic Cakes book - but if that's all she uses, I shouldn't complain. After all, it's the designs we all want to be able to recreate! Also,her cookie recipe is the ONLY one I ever use now, because they really are gorgeous and foolproof - perfection every time!
on 25 February 2010
I like all of Peggy Porschen's books and this is no exception - very inspiring & lovely photography.