on 22 November 2017
Love this book, but it for all my friends with kiddies!
on 29 October 2008
My 18 month old son is completely obsessed with this book. We read it 6 times a day and he giggles constantly when he sees the poo on the mole's head! His Grandmother bought it for him and intially I thought it was ridiculous and that he was too young - but she was right (as usual!)
on 9 August 2008
This is a lovely book for children of ALL ages.The 'plain' version was good, but the PLOP UP version has just that little bit extra!!!!
And not only good fun, but educational too...country walks are a whole new experience when there's poo to be inspected and discussed. My 4 and 6 year old (girls) are fascinated!!!!! ...and quite well informed! Im just glad they're not yet into collecting samples. Yes,it's toilet humour but germ-free and odour-less! :0)
11 Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 September 2010
This is one of the funniest children's books I have ever seen. Following the usual pattern of an animal visiting a different animal on each page to ask the same question, it deals with the subject of poo, which most children find hilarious. I love the mole character and the way he wanders about with the offending poo on his head! I bought this book for my brother's children, who are 2 and 3, but he and his wife also really enjoyed it. The moving parts are great fun and really add to the enjoyment of the book. It was also a bargain at half the price it is in the shops.
on 31 March 2010
This is such a sweet book and considering it's all about poo there is never actually any mention of any words meaning "poo". It's very funny too...

The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is because the pop up bits are not very easy to pop up - they get a bit stuck. They might loosen over time but if it's left to the kids they'll just pull it to pieces in trying to move the bits that are meant to move! I guess it's a good excuse for the grown ups to read it several times themselves! Anyway the non plop up version is just as good, from a grownup's perspective.
on 31 December 2012
I've read this story to my class and they thought it was so amazing that the teacher was talking about poo!!! This version is so clever with the plop up illustrations. My little cousin thoroughly enjoyed this as did the many adults who read it on Xmas day. Well worth buying this version. Just be careful with little fingers pulling too hard. Its a good lesson in how to be gentle with books.
on 6 November 2010
I bought this book as a secret indulgence for myself after being introduced to the paperback by my 3 year-old cousin. The plop-up features are brilliant and enjoyed by young and old alike. This will make a fun gift for some young friends this Christmas.
on 19 March 2013
really funny story and great illustrations and pop ups, we already knew this book from the kindergarden library but wanted a copy for ourselves. And the moving parts are quite sturdy for a paper book, they can withstand quite a reasonable amount of punishment without breaking (of course, there is a breaking point). A pity there aren't any more book by these authors translated from german, if the other books are as good as this one. Very happy with our book!
on 18 August 2014
This is a book that everyone with a sense of humour should own! My friend bought this for my daughter when she was 4 (she's now 9) It's still a firm family favourite! I bought this book for a friend and her grand daughter. She too (aged 3) loves it. I took my version to school and with my year 2/3 class we used this book for a 4 week literacy block! The children hadn't ever seen this book before (apart from 1) They absolutely loved it! A real hit!
on 19 February 2009
A little mole wakes up one day with a poo on his head. He then goes visiting various animals in search of the guilty party. Proof of innocence is presented in a matter of fact and graphic manner by the various parties. Needless to say, the culprit gets his come uppance in the end!
With this "plop-up" version you have another dimension to a story that's already a hit! Every 2 yr old should have this book on his/ her shelf!