Customer reviews

on 17 January 2010
I bought this book for my son who is studying WW2 at school this term. It really appealed to him because it is the story of a boy his age. The illustrations are beautiful and the little information panels are fascinating. I bought another copy and gave it to my grandfather who was a boy in the war and he loved it too. Worth every penny - a book to keep.
on 31 March 2017
Provides children with an idea of the circumstances surrounding children during wartime years. Provides excellent information.
on 13 August 2017
Great writing and illustration, highly recommended.
on 6 June 2017
Not just for children. Friends of that wartime era have found it both a great reminiscence tool and very amusing!
on 27 March 2016
Bought this for my husband's birthday. Just as we remembered our young years growing up during the war.
on 24 March 2013
I bought this book as a teacher as I wanted to use it as a starting point for my topic work about World War 2 evacuees. Unfortunately it came too late, but I loved all the information it gave and the beautiful illustrations (drawings and water colours) which i did use as the basis of some art work with the children. Will definitely use it more next time. A lovely book as a present too.
on 16 April 2017
Brilliant
on 8 February 2017
As expected
on 26 November 2014
I read this to my son every evening. He is fascinated by the stories. Great buy and great value.
on 29 December 2015