on 30 June 2001
A wonderful world for both children and parents to experience. Well written and illustrated, it teaches little ones all about the ways of dinosaurs, in an exciting and magical way. It made my daughters imagination run wild - which must be a good thing! I will certainly be looking to buy other "Katie" books.
This is slightly different from the other Katie books. Rather than going to an Art Gallery, Katie is at the Natural History Museum. There she goes to the place all children aim for there - the dinosaurs. As there are no pictures to climb into, Mayhew invents an off limits room, where dinosaurs abound and Katie has an adventure in which she ends up giving her meat pie to a T Rex! Inventive, educational and excellent, as always. A good addition to the series - how about mummies at the British Museum next?
on 5 September 2011
I purchased for my grandson who is 3 and dinosaur mad. He especially loved it as he had been to the Natural History Museum in London, so recognised this from the illustrations. Plus at the back of the book you are told clearly how to pronounce each dinosaur name.
on 1 March 2015
This is an amazing book and if you are lucky enough to visit the NAtural History Museum as we are it makes the whole experience quite amazing :) Our daughter was about 2.5 when we bought it with an interest in dinosaurs and she is now 3.5 and we still read it all the time as well as the other Katie books and visit the places she does. I feel that it really adds to the learning experience.
on 13 January 2013
Nicely drawn by James Mayhew - children will recognise every city's version of the Natural History Museum and the way it encourages the imagination is well-developed in this book. Nice to learn the names of lots of different dinosaurs too
on 26 April 2013
This was an even bigger hit than 'Mad about Dinosaurs (Ladybird Minis)' with my four year old nephew.
Great pictures and story with pronunciations of the dinosaurs at the end of the book.
Only trouble is we will now have to make a visit to the Natural History Museum!
on 6 January 2016
My six year old grandson knew all the names of the dinosaurs already as he had recently completed a project at school on them so he really enjoyed this well written book. We also enjoyed reading "Katie in London".
on 26 March 2013
We love this book. Already had it but sent a copy to 3 year old niece. Have a 3 yr old myself and this is her favourite. Love Mayhew's ability to illustrate and write so beautifully, in a way that seems to captivate children, and gently introduce them to the arts.
on 4 July 2013
Following Katie and the Art Gallery, we tried this one and it does not disappoint. Good range of dinosaurs covered in an imaginative and lively story. A good entertaining, educational read. Popular with my children, aged 3-7.
on 30 June 2011
My daughter loves this series of books - especially this one: Dinosaurs for girls! Oh yes - and she is Katie!