Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 February 2012
I was really only looking for a book that would show me how to do body weight exercises, from the basic to the more advanced, and at a good price. It's true that we can find much information these days on the internet, but I find that having a book handy for reference is still unbeatable. I feel content knowing I can take this book with me wherever I go and utilise the exercises anywhere, any place. No need for electricity or internet! I am my own gym.
This book by Zen is exactly what I needed! Not only are the black and white photos pretty much self explanatory but the descriptions are easy to follow. The interval exercises are also easy to follow and I will definitely be utilising them.
I recommend this book for anyone who is stuck in a rut for exercising, having limited funds, time, or just not knowing where to start. I for one have started back exercising and watching what I eat for about a month now and the results are already excellent. I dislike gyms as they get very tedious, I have to travel and of course they cost a lot of money. Any one can get into good shape simply by following the exercises in these books or modifying them as you see fit. But of course it is of utmost importance to mind your nutrition.
All in all this is one of the cheapest books of it's kind available and contains some great information that won't clutter your brain. You can't go wrong here for the price.
on 25 April 2012
Read and put into practice as many books on fitness as I do and you soon arrive at the conclusion that you are reading the same book over and over again, which was the first impression I had when starting this book. However, as I continued reading, I was impressed by the way the information had been formatted, which made for a very easy, but informative experience. The benefits of this workout are full explained, with exercises showing relevant and clear illustrations.

In short, if I could only take one fitness book with me on any of my travels, it would be this one.
on 10 November 2012
I am 19 and bought this book as I had noticed a decline in my fitness during hockey matches. After 2 and a half weeks of creating a program from the examples I have played hockey feeling much fresher than before, the intense (fartlek)interval training exersises are suited to teamgames and I am delighted with the results. However I have suffered from nosebleeds from the pressure of some!
on 26 July 2011
This really is a great book, for the first time I have understood more about the exercise that I am doing and how to get the best out of the work I put in, whether using the book's exercises at home or at the gym. The straight forward explanations of what is behind the workouts have been a real help and motivation and I would highly recommend 5 Minute Fitness to anyone trying to improve the quality of their workouts and to add variety.
on 26 July 2011
This is without any doubt one of the very best books you could ever buy on keeping fit.
It is broken down into 3 key elements, beginners (me!) average & advanced & is illustrated throught out to show you how easy it can be to get (& keep) fit in only 5 minutes a day.
The money you can save on those Gym visits is amazing.
I really can recommend this.
on 6 December 2013
the best book I have ever read and used for getting fit at home,the only other training I would add to the workouts would be some sprint or jump rope work,but even that is not essential,beats all the American books and dvd"s hands down,no hype or ego dross here,rule brittania!
on 11 October 2011
Excellent for everyone. There's science here if like me you want it, but it's no problem if you are just getting into the training, you can skim the more detailed explanations and come back as you learn more. Well written and full of good advice for established and aspiring athletes alike. All good don't hesitate...
on 26 December 2014
If like me you have been fit in the past, remain interested in being fitn and yet find travel, work, kids leave you with smaller windows to exercise than you would like then this is a great little book. I also appreciate the fact that the author knows his science very well and explains it clearly and succinctly. This is a serious book and worth far more than many others. I can't wait for his next release (due 8 Jan 15).
on 23 June 2011
This book by Zen (is 'Zen' really his name?) Martinoli packs a powerful punch! As a frequent traveller and avid gym goer, I'm often frustrated by the lack of fitness facilities that hotels offer. 5 Minute Fitness is going to be my new travel companion from now. It's packed with loads of mini workouts that are both fun and challenging. I reckon it will be a year before I've tackled them all! The workouts are graded, so it's a great book for both the beginner, who simply wants to get into better shape, or the person whose been into fitness for a while like me. The exercise descriptions are extremely easy to follow as Zen (still can't believe that's his real name!) has littered the book with photographs of people doing each routine. Incidentally, there's one guy in the book who looks a bit older, I do hope I'll be in as good shape when I'm his age!

If you're looking for a fitness buddy for your suitcase, look no further. I would highly recommend this book.
VINE VOICEon 14 June 2012
This is a great, no-nonsense book about getting fitter. There are a huge number of exercises included in the book that don't require any equipment, making it perfect for people to use when travelling. There are also a number of workouts included in the book that don't take too much time to complete, but have maximum impact on your fitness.