on 27 May 2017
I love this. Remember reading it when I was 9 in 1970. I have got the film, and I have read the book many years ago! To my surprise, the story is darker and fuller in this version then the one I read, and this makes it all the more interesting, One actually gets to read about the lands surrounding Oz, which is a bonus.

If there is a moral in the story, it should be that good will triumph over evil. The other thing, is that when everybody helps one another, they will get repaid in some way.

It should be noted that the first edition was written in the year 1900, and this is a brave attempt by Mr Baum to write about Fantasy. By all the laws he has succeeded, particularly as it gets increasingly clear that Oz is not what he appears to be. Perhaps another warning of the story is "Don't believe all you hear". However, both film and book are timeless classics, This takes pride of place on my bookshelf. I am a collector!
on 12 August 2017
The page with the emerald city is marvellous and very well done. The whole book is incredible and the art style reminds me more of the original books. Luckily this book is catered more towards children and it has a great pace. I bought this as a present for my young daughter and she loved it. The intricate details and the way it all moves and connects is incredible. Endless fun can be had opening and closing the book and admiring the complexity of the 3D components. The story is split up evenly into little bits and pieces on each page and some of the text requires the reader to open up little sections. A lot of fun to be had here and it is among the best 3D books I have ever seen.
on 12 May 2017
Thank you to Netgalley for letting me download The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum.
One of my Favourites when I was a child. I've always loved this book and the film. So, I downloaded this book and I sat in my garden with a coffee today reading one of my favourites again.
So, who's too old at 47? to go back into to Dorothy's world and following the yellow-brick road to the Emerald City, Meeting the Wicked Witch of the West and then with the Scarecrow, the Tin Woodman and the Cowardly Lion.......

Still a fab book for any age.......
on 15 May 2014
I bought this for my nephew who just turned 6. He's at an age where he needs to learn the love of reading and I thought of no better way then to introduce him to comics which started my love of reading. Comics and MsDos games started my love of reading but since most good games are now voice acted it doesn't make sense to learn to read from games anymore.

This is a great, non offensive way of getting him started. Not only does he get to read a classic and make no mistake this comic is as true to the classic book (not the movie) as any interpretation can get. But he gets to read it in a way that's fun, doesn't bogged down by the writing and actually follows an amazing story.

If he likes it I'm hoping to follow it up with the other Oz books as well as Bone. That's the thing about reading, it doesn't matter where you get started as long as you're hooked from the start.
on 1 February 2014
Overall I would definitely say the book was worth the money. My one disappointment was that this was brought for a little girl who adores the story of Wizard of Oz (lost count as to how many times she's seen the film) but in this book Dorothy's shoes are not red!
Now that doesn't change much - there's still a happy ending,but it didn't impress the little girl in question. Other than that excellent book excellent service.
on 1 April 2017
This is the most amazing book. The pop ups are spectacular and amazing. I found this in the university library where I am studying and just had to have a copy
on 21 May 2017
Why does it say it's a pop up version in the description when it isn't? And where's the free glasses for you that was mentioned?
I'm disappointed
on 5 January 2016
Bit disappointed. No pictures and it looks like its printed like a play script rather than a book, it would be more reader friendly with more spacing and paragraphs. My son has no interest in reading it sadly. Not what I was hoping for.
on 21 March 2012
This was bought as a Christmas present for my daughter, she is not old enough to appreciate it fully yet but I love it! It is beautifully illustrated, and the music really captures her attention on each page. I agree that the reading ability is more 8 years plus, but don't let that put you off as the illustrations & music will capture even the smallest imagination while you read this classic story to them. I would absolutely recommend purchasing this. Fabulous!
on 24 October 2013
I have high expectations of products about the Wizard of Oz and this did not fail me. The book is robust, the pop ups are robust(for a pop up), the sounds are brilliant. My daughter would not have been able to read this herself (aged 5) but I love reading books to her and this took it to another level. Very impressed.