on 30 March 2011
. . . beware. A beautiful looking, expensive book and the items are lovely but you need the correct yarns and tensions, as well as other dressmaking and craft skills. Without layout drawings showing measurements it is difficult to know, when using alternative yarns, if and how you need to adjust the pattern. Also I found an important section of instructions missing on page 116 and had to trawl the net to find an appropriate email address to get the correction. The correction arrived from two different sources, one more comprehensive than the other. Knitters beware.
on 12 April 2014
I bought this as I wanted to knit the jumper on the front cover. However, I started with the Organza cardigan. The instructions are wrong, nothing to tell you how to finish the back once you divide for the sleeves. You end up with the longest, skinniest cardigan for a new born baby. Of no use whatsoever. Not even going to attempt anything else unless it doesn't work either. Beautiful pictures but patterns of no use.

One star for beautiful photo's.
on 21 May 2012
The jumper shown on the front of this book is fabulous! I have knitted it and found it came out exactly as shown. However, I was disappointed with the other patterns offered in the book. There is a nice fair isle pattern but, apart from that, nothing very exciting. I n my opinion, the book is not very good value for money. I bought another book from Amazon "Adorable Knits For Tots" by Zoe Mellor which had a far better selection of patterns and was well worth the money.
on 18 April 2012
I'm going to be a grandmother soon and purchasing this book was really good as there were many patterns for knitters of types of experience, if you were a learner or an experienced knitter. Absolutely brilliant
on 18 November 2014
An excellent Debbie Bliss book of patterns for a relatively wide age range (exactly babies to toddlers.) Strangely I think the most unattractive pattern in the book is the one shown on the front cover!
on 17 March 2012
Some easy knits in this book and some lovely patterns, lots for the experienced knitter, Let hope I get better!
on 8 November 2012
Just made one item so far, the hooded jacket and I am an experienced knitter and found there was not enough clarity for making up the jacket. I managed it but next time I will adapt the pattern to make the hood with a neater finish. I will be making more items and will submit a further review at a later date.
on 14 February 2015
I like Debbie Bliss pattern books and this one is no exception. I've already knitted one of the cardigans for my new grandson and his brother has pointed out another for me to knit so I can see I'm going to get good use from it.
on 13 June 2013
This product has some lovely knits and it arrived promptly and in good condition. I only gave 4stars because as yet I haven't had the opportunity to use any of the patterns. From early experience I have found Debbie bliss's patterns difficult to follow. However, it doesn't state easy so maybe it is my skill that is lacking.
on 30 January 2011
good designs and nice pictures! however, i am just starting out, so this wasnt the right purchase for me... i wanted something which explained the process from the beginning. so still looking for the right beginners knitting book.
also, there is no explanation for the yarn types -- it is assumed that all knitters using this book would buy debbie bliss yarns???