on 22 December 2012
I will warn purchasers that this book is in small print, some of the pages are only two thirds covered in print and the rest is left blank. Why the publisher has decided to do this I have no idea, I found it hard to read even with reading glasses.

The content itself is excellent, but I think the above is relevant
on 5 August 2013
The book arrived very quickly. I like the layout and the text is interesting, easy to read and understand. BUT I'd thought when I bought the book, from product details and reviews, that I wouldn't need Alexander Technique lessons - I live in a rural area and don't drive (I walk and cycle), so even if there is a local teacher I wouldn't be able to get to someone. From about a quarter of the way through the book it became obvious that lessons are important, so even though I recognise that the self awareness and exercises would be useful I put the book down.....
on 17 February 2011
Before I had a course of Alexander Technique lessons, I managed to gain a great deal of awareness through reading this book. A course of lessons from a qualified practitioner is no doubt necessary to gain the full benefits of the Technique, but many of the ideas and suggestions from this book helped me to cure my bad back and generally help me with my posture.

The Alexander Technique is a unique way of becoming more aware of the balance, posture and co-ordination of our bodies as experienced in everyday activities. It begins with basic self-awareness of how we sit, how we stand, how we think, physical and mental habits we have, and so on. The aim is to "regain the natural grace and balance of a child".

These simple ideas and exercises have played a vital part in helping me develop and sustain a healthy mind, body and spirit over the years. I can't recommend this book high enough.
on 7 May 2011
I have read many books on the alexander technique and I have often found them too advanced or confusing. I am happy to say that I found this book the most helpful of them all. I found this practical book very clear and accessible. It is full of useful diagrams and fascinating exercises and I am re-reading to over again as I enjoyed it so much the first time around.
on 18 January 2012
i found this workbook very practical to follow, as a guide to the alexandra principles and how it can help with different problems. It is to the point and shows how to put it into practice. really useful
on 12 November 2013
I'M GLAD I ORDERED THE BOOK AND IT WAS AN EXCELLENT AND THOROUGH INTRODUCTION BUT THINK THAT IT WOULD BE MOST PRACTICAL AND USEFUL IN CONJUNCTION WITH TAKING A SHORT COURSE WITH AN EXPERT.
on 13 June 2012
no more back ache, just love this book, easy to follow, diagrams and instructions.
It's now part of my everyday life
on 16 April 2012
The book is very simple to understand, and helped a lot with my singing. Before, my throat would get very sore very quick. Now I can simply move into position and have no problems.
on 30 September 2013
Was looking for some advice about standing properly re shortened tendons, very informative but need to see a trained practitioner tho., and this would be quite expensive, they are not available locally, have read the book and shall continue to take tips and advice
from it. Easy to understand, good!
on 25 October 2012
recieved the book in perfect condition and is very informative although I am doing most of the exercises and posture stances already. regards ben