Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 7 September 2010
Large picture board book, very bold and colourful and a welcome addition to our growing collection of children's books. The Amazon discount was very welcome as I probably wouldn't have paid full price for it, having seen it. The 100 animals were not the 100 most obvious 'basic' animals I was hoping for and some of the pictures chosen for the animals were a bit random. To give one example, I would have preferred to just have a duck and a goose - the decision to include a gosling has forced me to be a bit economical with the truth to avoid confusing my daughter (18 months) who is just about grasping the difference between ducks and geese, but is not ready for the complication of their offspring not looking like them just yet.
on 5 June 2017
Both my daughters absolutely loved this book right from 6months up. It got us through many a tricky mealtime. They loved making animal noises when looking through and playing spot the animal. Firm favourite and has since been bought as presents for friends & family.
on 8 July 2016
My son aged 14months loves this book. Easy to turn board pages. Nice photos of animals, although some I wish were the whole body not just the head. He loves pointing at the animals and trying to make the sounds. Great range of animals from pets and farm animals to minibeasts and even an armadillo. I know books are good when he asks me to look at it with him more than 20 times in one day (this is not an exaggeration, so be prepared)
on 22 December 2016
Book is much bigger than expected, and my 14 months boy recognizes all his favorite animals and is curious about not so often seen ones :) We love this type of books, we have with cars as well witch is firm favorite.
on 6 July 2017
We don't use this k e much as many animals included are too difficult to say and explain to a 2 year old...like dog and puppy difference isn't illustrated - two different dogs there for confusing for my son why two names for a dog. Parakeet etc. I feel are way too ambitious for a toddler to even attempt to say with first words. Nice pictures and board but the 100 first words is much better investment.
review image
on 6 February 2014
An excellent, simple yet colourful book. Some of the animals are a bit obscure but my 18 month old loves looking through the pages and pointing out the animals he does know and making the noises they make. A well made, sturdy book which has put up with a good degree of punishment already.
on 30 May 2017
Unexpectedly large format for a 13-month old perhaps but as colourful as the letters and numbers in this series.
on 25 July 2013
This is a terrific book for a 1-2 year old learning about animals and sounds. The pictures are loosely grouped together and are mostly good representations of the animal. The pictures are big, bright and colourful and engaging for the child. The pages are thick cardboard and so durable as well.
on 17 September 2015
Bright colourful and sturdy. The book is not too easy to handle as it is rather large. My Grandson 20 months old, loves it. I bought the first 100 words and that is also well read by my younger grandson.
on 22 April 2015
I bought a number of these books a few years ago. They have been well handled by 4 little hands, thrown, stood on and survived. They're great books for looking through with Mam or looking through alone.