on 8 October 2017
I enjoyed reading through this book. I was born to cockney parents in the East End of London and remember my parents peppering their conversations with some of these phrases! Not everything is in the book but for the uninitiated it's a good start to understanding this very unique language.
on 29 November 2017
total pony trap
on 21 August 2017
Handy
on 10 December 2009
I bought this book because it was one of the most recent books published and it was said to contain old and new cockney slang. I was very disappointed with this book as I had not heard of most of the slang contained in it and I felt that the book did not contain the most commonly used slang. Unfortunately I did not recommend this book.
on 10 June 2011
I bought this book for a work colleague who comes from yorkshire. She works alongside a girl from the east of London and was constantly asking her what different rhyming slang meant. This book was the perfect gift and she was thrilled with it.
on 7 January 2014
I am very happy with the book I will recommend to friends and family very funny make good reading and learning about cockney rhyming slang
on 15 January 2017
downloaded straight away and is very good as i saw a lot of slang words i had forgotten
on 25 August 2015
Bought this as a secret Santa gift and went down a treat at our Christmas meal
on 13 July 2013
I purchased this for my cousin in Canada as he asked me to look out for a similar book titled Up the Frog, unfortunately it is out of print, but I am sure when I visit in September he will enjoy this, He is 84 and emigrated to Canada in the 50's, think he still has a yen for Merry Old as he calls it.