Customer reviews

on 16 March 2005
At first glance you might think you've seen books like this before. But you won't have. It's subtle, it's funny (very!) and it made me laugh out loud. Tomas Santos playfully ties the English language into hillarious knots, following the tradition of a succesion humorous writers since Lear and Carrol. And if you don't like the jokes it's worth buying for the wonderfully drawn illustrations.
on 7 February 2006
This is as funny as everyone says. On the face of it, it is the Misunderstanding Joke taken to the end of its tether. But the daft wrong-end-of-the-stickness that is threaded through the pages conceals a subtler purpose - you really need to be awake when you read it. Subtle, clever, and very funny indeed.
on 14 March 2005
This is very very funny. I started laughing with the acknowledgements, and couldn't stop. My girlfiend told me to go in the other room because the laughter was getting on her nerves. There's something hilarious on every single page. My favourite part is 'To speak with an old', which made me laugh till the tears ran down my face.
A brilliant and very clever book.
on 15 March 2005
I can read this book so many times and still get caught out by the humour. Its a fantastic mickey take of all the English hold sacred and in another time this book would have been illegal! Especially good before and after board meetings and financial reviews, it takes the tension out of any situation!
on 16 December 2005
I bought this book recently, encouraged by the good reviews on this site. I have since burnt it. I'm not joking, I really did burn it. This book is not funny. It relies solely on laborious "Carry On" style innuendo. All it consists of are a number of supposedly hilarious sentences such as "Would you enter me gently in the hotel, Madam?", etc. ad nauseam.~
I am sure many people will find this book amusing.
I am sure many people have little or no sense.
I am sure this is why the book was published.
on 7 March 2005
anybody who laughs at Monty Python will laugh out loud at this
on 7 February 2005
I looked inside the book. I looked on the back cover, the front cover...all over, and I didn't find ONE part that was even remotely amusing. This is one of the worst books I have ever bought, and it's going straight to the used book shop.