Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 10 August 2017
Came in good time. Visibly second hand but only in a charming way. Thank you!
on 14 January 2004
This book is a bit of a curate's egg. It's not as funny as it thinks it is, but it does have moments of laugh out loud hilarity. The annoying thing about this book is that is has some FANTASTIC useless information mixed up with RUBBISH useless information. Has just about enough inspiration to stop one from flinging it out of the nearest window.
on 26 October 2017
Page 66 botom - needs updating.
on 5 September 2008
I had this book as a gift for Christmas and I laughed all the way through to New Year. Very witty in places and a throughly enjoyable read. The next Christmas, I bought copies for all my friends.
on 27 November 2003
I can't help but feel a couple of the review(er)s of this book have completely missed its point! For those who like spouting random, dry facts at anyone unfortunate enough to be sat next to them at dinner parties or society functions in a valiant effort at appearing vaguely educated, buy Schotts and learn it by heart. Alternatively, read it on your own and feel like you've become a veritable fount of knowledge. If, on the other hand, you think what you want is actually a skillfully crafted, irreverent and hilarious collection of the absurdities of the human condition, then Shites is perfect. It might not be to everyone's taste, but you'll appear a lot more interesting giving this as a gift than trying to palm off on your grandad a copy of Schotts as if you hadn't been given it just a few weeks ago for your birthday. Come on everybody, let's lighten up!
on 20 November 2003
Why I bought this book I cannot imagine. I suppose it seemed like a good idea at the time. But on seeing it when the post arrived I knew immediately that I had simply fallen for a rather stupid litle wheeze: namely, take a great little book and try to copy it amusingly. Well, it isn't amusing, and rather to my annoyance I cannot think of anyone I'd inflict it on. If you're amused by the title of this book - then simply enjoy that. The book itself is, in my opinion, not worth the bother of purchasing, let alone reading. (It's full of mistakes, for one thing, but don't get me started.) If anyone wants my copy, they can have it for free!
11 Comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 March 2006
If you're looking at the reviews for this book then you're obviously not searching for a thought-provoking novel to lose yourself in. You're looking for some harmless, if idiotic brain fodder and possibly a giggle along the way. Which is exactly what you get with this book.
Yes, some of it is tedious and some seems just weird, but other parts, such as the top ten questions (including such things as 'where would we be without hypothetical questions?') are inspired. I guarantee you won't go two pages without having at least the crack of a smile on your face.
If you want a bit of mindless but amusing reading, then this does the job nicely.
on 27 November 2003
Prepare to be entertained like you've never been before. Shite's Unoriginal Miscellany is a hilarious, if not wacky, selection of fascinating facts intermingled with surreal points of trivia, which provide a refreshing escape from the crazy world we live in today. During my journey to work I laughed so much when dipping into the book for the first time that my fellow passengers doubtless thought I was away with the fairies! It certainly took the pain out of commuting by rail, and I was sorry when I finally reached the last page. Please, please Mr Parody - let's have another. I need another laughter fix!
on 17 November 2003
A friend bought be this because she knew I enjoyed Schott's Original Miscellany - and I have to say I was disappointed. The title is reasonanbly funny I suppose, but that is it. The content is not funny, not accurate and not really worth the energy reading. I turn to Schott's book once or twice a week... I can't imagine ever turning to this one-joke-wonder again.
on 29 April 2009
This is a fairly comical read and makes a decent stocking filler for someone at Christmas. Most of the advice in there is inane and a bit useless but it does sometimes make you think `Oh Yeah that's quite interesting'. If you watch QI on telly then you'll like this. If you like this also consider `How to Be a Genius' or `101 Experiments in Philosophy' which have a similar comical outlook.