Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 9 October 2009
My son has just started year 2 and we wanted to help him with his story writing skills. The book is well within his capabilities. His school are focusing on creative writing and the use of adjectives and this helped us to understand what the school will be looking for at the end of the year when he sits his SATs.

It gave us specific exercises for him to do rather than just asking him to write a story about a pirate. It shows them how to add interest to their story telling, plotting it out first before jumping straight in. The use of tense, descriptions, aliteration etc.

Our son is in a very good school but only in middle set. The book does rely on them being able to read to a good level but we helped him out with anything too lengthy.
on 23 March 2011
Bought this book and a few others in the KS1 and KS2 Letts range, to aid my tuition lessons. I have constantly adapted the activities to be more attainable because as they stand, most are too difficult for Year 2. Maybe high flyers would have better chance, but overall too hard. It's good for suggestions of activities however and the presentation is good.
on 15 September 2009
I bought this book for my daughter who has just started Y2 . The activities are so Difficult that I thought I'd got KS2 by mistake ! I shan't be using it much.
on 6 June 2013
Good for home teaching or for homework to work along side school. It covers basically everything that is required for KS1
on 24 December 2012
I chose this book as I wanted an ordered plan of how to teach English to a child in Keystage 1. Letts are a good source of information as I have bought books in other subjects written by the same company in the past. It was also good to be able to view a few pages online prior to buying it. I am very happy with my purchase.
on 30 January 2013
I gor this to help my children with their SATS. This is the second time I have purchased this book and I will purchase for another child in the future. It a great help for children when working at home with them. Definitley recommend it. I bought a set of stickers to go with it.
on 27 May 2012
This order arrived promptly and was exactly as expected. It is a colourful, easy to use book which has engendered a lot of interest. It provides numerous example of ways in which to consolidate KS1 skills - a really good purchase.
on 7 April 2016
good book and covers the subject very well.
on 4 December 2011
i think this was a great learning aid to my daughter-her attention span is not too great-but she found this and other books in the set interesting and looked forward to doing them-would recommend
on 1 January 2013
This resource required a teacher or parent to be accessible to the pupil. It also needs to be used long before the SATS test, Ideally this should be used a year in advance.