on 7 May 2010
My 7 years old has struggled with his handwriting. I brought this book home and he immediately loved it. The language and sentances are targeted at the age group (not dry like some of the other practise books)and the writing is broken down into easy sections with rewards at the end. He found the break letters particularly helpful (something which they don't teach in his school). He worked through the whole book in a matter of days without any nagging from me! I am now seeing a real difference in his writing at school. After showing his teacher she is carrying on the encouragement by reminding him that he has reached the lofty heights of handwriting wizard. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to improve their childs handwriting.
11 Comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 June 2009
A beautiful book, however the letter k formation with the loop is not compatible with my sons school, as it varies from school to school. My son can't wait to have a go at the next page!
VINE VOICEon 16 August 2009
This is a great workbook to use at home to encourage early writing skills. Follows the same phonics that are used at school so won't confuse children. Recommended.
on 23 March 2010
My 7 year old hates writing with a passion, it had started to become a major problem at school. This practice book breaks handwriting down into manageable chunks (first join, second join etc), completion of each section is rewarded with a gold star. The illustrations and colours used make the exercises fun. Usually the idea of writing even one page of text would have him running for the door but this book doesn't overwhelm him.
on 16 December 2010
Really impressed. My 7 year old boy is really enjoying the book and is choosing to do his homework. It's a shame that there isn't a follow on book for handwriting.
on 21 March 2010
My son has enjoyed completing this handwriting exercise book. Just the right amount of work to do on each page, without the concentration wandering. Would recommend this for any boy who needs a little extra practice.
on 16 June 2014
Fantastic introduction to joined up writing. I noticed a vast improvement in writing post doing the exercises in my 6yr. Plus, you can't go wrong with gold sticker stars for each page completed. Motivation or what! Teaches where to join letters and provides correct letter sizing to differentiate between short/tall/tail letters
on 15 October 2013
My 8 yr old writing is very poor. This seems to be encouraging him to practice but could do with more lines/space to copy out again and again.
on 2 June 2013
Was fab t go through with my 7 yr old son. Has really helped us both tidy up our writing. Don't do as often as we should but great idea
on 6 February 2013
used this to supplement the limited time on hand writing my daughter had at school. They teach her the same as the school and give her stars when she does well which is perfect motivation for my daughter!