on 8 February 2006
This book is fantastic! Just what I needed to make me want to teach maths again. After being given many boring recommendations for maths teaching, it has reminded me that creativity in maths makes it fun. Lots of kinaesthetic games, and plenty of cool tricks using the interactive whiteboard for me to show off with next time I am observed teaching maths. I am definitely going to by the literacy version by the same author.
on 23 June 2007
I bought this title as I already had the Literacy version which I loved. I wasn't as happy with the numeracy version, I felt it was not as easy to dip in to & hence why it got 4 stars instead of 5. Saying that it is till a good, fun numeracy book with plenty of creative ideas. In my opinion many of the ideas are more suitable for children in year 5 & 6, but the priciples can be applied to any year group. Worth the money though if you just want to 'pep' up your numeracy lessons.
on 23 March 2013
The title for this on Amazon is not strictly accurate as it should read Key Stage 1 - 3 (Ages 5 - 14). I bought it to get additional ideas for my Year 2 class but this is quite a slim book and as a result there is not enough for each Key Stage. Please can we have more for Early Years/Key Stage 1 as that is where not only the foundations for maths are formed but also the hang-ups?
on 29 December 2011
I got this because I use the Literacy Jumpstart for my upper KS2 class all the time. I was bitterly disappointed with this book. There are less activities and lots and lots of different versions of how to do the activities.
on 6 February 2011
As a trainee teacher, I needed some great, fun activities for my class to get involved in. This books was great because it provide me with the basics that I could easily adapt for the pace and ability of my classes.
on 2 August 2012
I think this book is great - helps with both lesson plans and ideas for kids after school at home, making maths fun, engaging and accessible.
on 29 June 2011
I didn't like thsi book. The layout is bad. The ideas for games are very simple and well known. be honest I bought it and never used it.
on 7 April 2009
this book is a great purchase for all involved in working with young people. It gets you and them active which is great
on 10 March 2013
A must for any teacher wanting to add variety to their classroom, KS2/3 can be adapted down to KS1 or KS3 down to KS2 or if you really want to challenge the higher achieving pupils then it works too.
on 25 June 2014
I love this book, loads of fab ideas to use in the ks2 classroom. I have set up a few excel worksheets for this following very clear instructions to generate different activities