on 29 May 2017
This is a really helpful book for anyone who knows anyone with AS. It's a clear and understandable account written by a young man with AS and 3 brothers also on the spectrum, who has the support of his mum and sisters in trying to communicate the challenges he faces.
on 18 January 2015
This has proved to be a great purchase! We now have a greater understanding of how it feels for someone who has Aspergers which will hopefully help our family. It is written so well and at no time does it get boring. I think that Luke has a great career ahead of him with writing as he manages to be informative whilst still being humorous which is something that is often missing but needed. I kept putting off the purchase of this book and wished I had bought it when I first saw it.
on 14 January 2018
This book is a must have for any parent or child with Asperger's. It's written well and in down to earth and funny way. My 12 year old loved it. It helped him understand he's not the only kid in the world to feel the way he does 😀
on 23 July 2010
I was advised to read this book due to some issues that were arising with our aspergers daughter. The text is easy to follow, Luke - the teenage author discusses his difficulties very clearly from a personal view as well as asking other family members for their input. I found the book informative and easy to get through, it helped me see the difficulties that my child is experiencing from a different angle. The book is now doing the rounds of family members although the child concerned still refuses to read it - so far !!!!! I was worried that it would be very emotional but Luke disscusses Aspergers as though he is having a general conversation which helped!!
on 20 October 2017
It is a very informative book, viewed from a person with Aspergers Syndrome, but relating to all aspects of the autistic spectrum, a fab read for parents, siblings, teachers, care workers etc
on 15 April 2013
Bought for my 14yr old son, who didn't put it down until he quickly finished it. Absolutely brilliant read not just for him to identify with BUT it has been great for the rest of the family to understand how he sees the world. I was so moved by this book that I have also recommend that his mainstream teachers also read this. You are not bamboozled with fancy terms, instead a straight forward approach that describes what it is like to be a teenager with AspB and hence makes it easier for the rest of us to understand what is going on.
on 13 July 2015
bought this as my teenage son was recently diagnosed a good read as i was able to see things from a childs point of view made me understand how my son sees the world slightly different from me and how he has to learn what most of us instinctively know, explains why he appears slightly awkward in some settings as he has to remember what he learned. Made me see the fun lighter side of this diagnoses and that its not the end of the world and life goes on. Gave it to my son to read as well he said it was funny and some of the things are like him others not so. My other non Autistic younger son also read if and he found if good said he could understand why his brother made such a big deal over nothing and that his brother is different in a cool way
on 23 March 2017
Very good book to read to understand more on Aspergers etc would recommend
on 27 May 2017
After a diagnosis of ASD on my son I was prompted to read this book. Iam so glad I did. This book is amazing and funny, because you will sit there and go that's just like my child. A must read! Thank-you Luke Jackson.
on 12 January 2014
Wow! This book is amazing. What a great idea and having the perspective of a teenager with Aspergers was exactly what I needed. The paramount thing for me, as a reader, was the sense of humour coming across in the book; fantastically funny lad. It sounds like he has a lovely, quirky household and that is exactly what I have, and love. I wouldn't change my children (one teenager with Aspergers and one six year old with autism, two parents with their own issues and unique qualities). Thank you to the writer for making me laugh and understand Asperger's syndrome from a teenager's perspective.