on 18 March 2001
This is a fantastic read, so well written! Aimed at teenagers and young people, it is hard hitting and compelling both for Christians and non-Christians. An absolute must!
on 17 May 2005
I got this book as a present when I got baptised (i go to a Baptist church) and it is amazing! I picked it up one day and i couldn't put it down! It really questions what you believe happens after you die and makes you think, 'there is nothing to be scared of.' It questions what type of person you are: non-Christian, a luke-warm Christian or a red-hot Christian and in this way makes you think about how you life your life and whether what your doing pleases God. Really worth a read especially if you are considering taking your faith a step further - ie confirmation or baptism etc.
on 7 June 2005
This is definetly one of the better books I have read. Although I consider this book not nearly as effective as Aftershock, the sequel, this is definetly worth reading, if not buying. If you want a good Christian book that EVERYBODY can understand and empathize with, buy Aftershock. However, it does offer a frightning look at life after death, and that we have to make our choices now.
on 30 December 2000
Aimed at teenagers, this book is gripping and challenging. This fictional account is based firmly on the Biblical images of heaven and hell and looks at what happens to three teenagers who die in a road accident. Prepare to be disturbed out of your complacency!
on 15 May 2013
I was lent a copy of this book and it had a significant effect on me that I then purchased a copy for myself and my younger brother. I read alot of this book in tears (especially the chapter entitled 'The Luke-warm Christian) due to the impact it had on me. It was just what I needed to commit so much more of myself to The Lord. Even though this book was targeted more for the younger readers ( I'm 38!!) I found it was what I needed to hear. I have since started to turn my life around and get back on track with God. I am living for Him and am being baptised shortly. I can also see the changes happening with my brother. I highly recommend this book!
on 27 May 2012
Hi people, this book is simple and encouraging, for the believe and nonbeliever. I liked it and others I've loaned it to have also said the same! I couldnt put it down! Enjoy the journey!
on 2 September 2014
I think that although some of the pictures used are speculation the book does accurately show possible outcomes of judgement (God is love but He is also holy and just) that will occur after death
1)Your name isn't in the Book of Life (non-Christian) - eternal punishment in hell
2a)Your name is in The Book but you haven't been living to the fullness of the Christian life - eternal life in heaven but with little "reward " (1 Cor 3:11-15)
2b)Your name is in The Book and you have lived as Christ wants - eternal life and great reward

So the book addresses 2 important issues - are you "saved" and if you are saved are you are living as you should. Too many Christians are happy with 2a), they are "born again" so going to heaven but don't really live it to the full.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 May 2014
used it for the last 10 years a classic!
Follow up book also good and enjoyed by young people.
Well worth a read!
on 14 September 2014
Extremely happy with my purchase, came even earlier than expected.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2016
This is an excellent, thought-provoking book. Inspiring!