on 1 August 2017
Disclaimer: I generally don't know what I'm doing. Honestly, I really don't. This is our first dog and I'm almost as clueless as when our first child arrived. If you are in the same situation, hopefully this helps you and sets your mind at ease.

Packaging and Postage: Amazon Prime, so well wrapped, protected and delivered.

First Impressions: Easy to get into, easy read.

Use: I've only given four stars simply because it felt a little short. It was a very very quick read, but then the value is gained from delving into each "game" and training your puppy. And lets be honest, this isn't games in as much as training. There are a few "games" like hide and seek, and putting treats under pots etc, but its also got a lot of things like targeting certain things, or training to give a paw, crawl, look shy etc. I wouldn't call them games, but the important thing is they stretch the thinking of your pup, tiring it out and bonding with it.

Overall: Overall, I enjoyed it, and found it easy to jump in and out off and understand. It was also very useful explaining how to do things. I just felt it could have had a few more things in it. Also, I was advised to get this, not the Puppy one as that is not worth it apparently.
9 people found this helpful
on 14 March 2015
I am a dog behaviourist and this book is highly recommended for keeping dogs mentally stimulated a must have for every dog owner regardless of size of garden or house there is games for every dog in this book :-)
22 people found this helpful
on 9 March 2017
I got this, along with some puzzle games, as I rescued a Staffy and she seemed a little less intelligent than my previous dog (German Shepherd). Not any more. Now she spends her time working out how to outsmart me!
8 people found this helpful
on 4 April 2018
After reading many reviews about this book I decided to purchase one for myself hoping that I could find new ways of keeping my Border Collie amused .There are plenty of basic skills to learn and they have difficulty star ratings.... so dependant on your dog you can decide which brain games would be beneficial or achievable .Lovely book.
3 people found this helpful
on 27 April 2016
We have a hyper spaniel (enough said) and bought this for ideas to occupy her mind...we have not been disappointed! It became essential reference when hubby and I both came down with the flu and were unable to walk ourselves, let alone doggle. It's full of fun ideas to involve the whole family, and the games are easy to recreate.
4 people found this helpful
on 19 September 2017
Bought this to broaden my puppies training, like other reviewers I found it of some use but not as much as I hoped. Very basic on techniques which are widely available on the Internet.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 May 2017
Although I haven't had time to read this yet, I'm looking forward to a few wet days so that I can have a go. Although my dogs are working dogs, I think they'll soon rise to the challenge of doing some fun stuff when we can't get out so easily
on 25 October 2017
Bought as one of my dogs was incapacitated after an op. Well worth buying. Easy to follow, great ideas and really kept us all going.
on 22 November 2017
I bought this for my daughter and her irish setter , she thought it was a ' bit silly ' so I can't say any more really
on 8 October 2017
I like anything that encourages my dog to use her brain. She gets great fun out of solving the games