on 8 February 2011
We have a very excitable young dog and he loves all these games. it has helped improve our relationship with the dog and we've had great fun doing it. It doesn't matter what stage you or your dog are at. there's something for everyone
on 26 December 2013
I absolutely love 'brain games' for pets. As the weather is not to our favor most of the year, being indoors is not normal for any dog. So when I expect a spell of wet weather, they either have a choice of parking off looking miserable at the droplets running down the window or we play! And low and behold, when they hear the sound of the toy box, they always choose the latter.

I really appreciate this book because it covers a wide range of games, some new to me, thanks.

And as for needed materials... In general, you will find it around the house and purchasing it is minimal.

Once play time is finished, they each go to their cages to sleep off like babies... and I feel good for the day too.
on 22 January 2011
I am really enjoying this book, some fun ideas for new tricks and hopefully keeping my dog from becoming bored.
Good fun for me too.
on 24 March 2011
Good book, easy to understand. I have a very bright border collie who learns the games very quickly
on 16 May 2013
I bought this for a friend, who had a very demanding, extremely boisterous dog. He is now much happier and calmer and can impress us with some tricks! A highly recommended book to keep all dogs stimulated and make play time fun.

This is also a great book from the same author. It's all about the speed of your reward. Give it a go...Instant Dog Training. The quick response programme to understand your dog and train your dog with instant reward based training
review image review image
on 30 July 2011
brilliant book has all you want to know i have now bought several books from amazon they all worthwhile great value and always excellent delivery
on 8 August 2012
this is a good book and has plenty of useful tips, lots of games to keep your dog mentally active
on 3 July 2011
Has helped calm our hyperactive dog alot!although we were exercising her frequently her mind was not being stimulated.that is where this book has helped us.lots of fun games and activities.still working our way through.one happy owner and one very happy dog!
on 12 October 2015
Some of the games aren't what I would call games, the first half of the book I would describe more as general obedience training. But the book has some great ideas for homemade toys and ways to keep your dog occupied, and the games are usefully divided into easy, intermediate and advanced, games for older dogs, smaller spaces etc. many owners out there don't realise that dogs need mental stimulation as well as physical exercise and this book explains why.
on 10 July 2016
I am the proud owner of two amazing dogs, Jasper and Storm, brother and sister and a cross between a black lab mother and a blue merl collie father. They come from working stock, and are therefore extremely intelligent and eager to learn. They love to play. They are now fully family pets, loveable and excited. When I saw this book I had to get a copy, as we are running out of ideas of tricks and things to teach them. They pick things up so quickly and we will all have so much fun playing the games in this book. There are pictures for each game to indicate whether it is interactive solo or where they can play as a pair, where it can be played, the level of difficulty, and whether any props or toys are used. Some of these great games are: Puppy Play, Hide and Seek, Egg and Spoon Race, Mini Agility Course but also useful things such as 'Find my keys', 'put rubbish in the bin', 'tidy your toys' and 'close the door'. When we have mastered these, I want them to learn to pick up socks and put them in the washer! Great fun for all of us I hope that you find it useful - if so then please use the option to say so, and if you need any further information then get in touch and I will do my best to answer.