on 6 October 2002
The book lives up to its title and gives clear practical instructions about how to build koi ponds of various types and sizes. The two main types of construction; liner and block, are covered fully with many pictures and diagrams explaining each stage of construction. Filtration systems are explained and drawings of typical configurations are shown. I know of 2 ponds which have been built using this guide. Koi are thriving in both. Invaluable if you are attempting a DIY build or working with pond construction company.
on 7 November 2009
This is a well written concise book on planning and constructing a pond and then maintaining it afterwards. I highly recommend it.

It is broken down into 3 parts.
1, We learn the difference between a garden pond and a Koi pond - ah, ops, I thought I had a koi pond but what I have is a garden pond with koi in it.
They weigh up concrete / fiberglass to liners... and gravity fed systems of filtration to a pump fed one. They mention vortex and multi chamber filters and what to put in them.... The book mentions pipe work and valves. They talk pumps and heaters. Skimmers and aeration. Protein skimmer and UV. Blanket weed controllers.

Part 2, BUILDING YOUR POND is the next section... There is a large section on building a liner to concrete to fibreglass pond. Installing a bottom drain and the filtration system.

Part 3, is the section on maintaining and looking after pond and koi, feeding and the nitrogen cycle, and health care gets a mention.
Last page is on top up systems and water purification systems.

It makes an interesting read, and I wish I had known some of it before... makes me very sad that I didn't know some of it and that lack of knowledge lead to the unfortunate deaths of some fish or should I call them koi.

Get your wallet ready, you will want to spend and spend after you read this book.
on 25 May 2009
clear and easy to use, best koi book ive read for constructing a pond.especially in helping you to understand how a bottom drain and how the filter system works for a gravity fed system.
on 26 July 2003
Great value .Full details on how to build a pond ,plus lots of colour illustrations of ponds and equipment.
on 4 March 2013
Bought as a Christmas present for my husband as he is building or shall I say in the middle of building a pond to keep koi fish. Very imformative a good book to refer to
on 8 March 2013
nice book some helpful tips and explanations for beginners and some nice illustrations but it would not be for experienced koi keepers
on 22 November 2012
great book just what looking for every thing in there ,that we need to know helped in every way .
on 8 July 2015
Very fast delivery.thanx.hoping this well keep my dad quiet for 5 mins
on 24 June 2015
great book really helpful and quick delivery...AAAA
on 23 October 2014
gift for my husband but looks very informative