Customer reviews

Burger Boy
Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 December 2012
A really cute story and one I don't mind repeating through our many bedtime story times! Showing the danger of eating too much, a funny story with lovely illustrations. My son still eats a lot of chocolate though!
on 20 November 2017
arrived used in bad conditions, awful supposed be a present but won't be unfortunately
on 13 December 2005
I purchased this book for a nephew, naturally I had to read it myself. The book is very funny, brilliantly illustrated and appeals to its target audience. It will appeal to parents particularly with the cautionary moral about eating too many burgers.
My nephew thoroughly enjoyed the book and constantly looks at the illustrations. He repeatedly asks to have the book read to him, again and again.
Highly recommended.
on 20 February 2013
My son saw Johnny vegas read this story on Cbeebies and said Mum please can you buy it for me!
He loves it and asks me to read it every night. He is six and can read some of it independently too.
on 9 January 2014
My 4 year old son loves this story. We initially had it from the library, but he hated taking it back so we bought him his own copy. Beautifully illustrated, and silly, just right!
on 24 March 2011
This is a fantastic story & my children love it. However,there is a part in the story where the illustrations show the burger boy crying as a large kitchen knife looms above his head,this led my 3 year old to having nightmares about being chopped up. Perhaps its not such a good idea for more sensitive children.
on 22 October 2016
Love this book. Have been reading it in school for many years and have purchased one now for my granddaughter. Encourages healthy eating in a funny way. Rhyming, repetitive text. Nice illustrations. Just fab.
on 7 February 2009
Burger Boy by Alan Durrant was a fantastic present for my 4yr old who loves this story. My 6yr old also enjoys this story and has quickly established itself as one of our favourite bedtime reads.
on 16 January 2011
A fantastc story. Well written and illustrated. I purchased this book because my daughter (4) and I had watched Johhny Vegas read the story on Bookaboo, and she loved it!
on 5 October 2015
Children loved it at nursery