Customer reviews

on 12 April 2012
This book is fab,much better than I ever imagined.The pictures are gorgeous.The story is lovely.It is a gift for a little girl who I hope loves it as much as I do.It makes a change that the story is not based in the war as most of Michael Morpurgo seem to be.
on 7 May 2017
Another excellent read from Michael Morpurgo. Lovely short story. Enjoyed reading it and has been used for a literacy lesson in school.
on 27 September 2017
Good story, nice ending. Lovely illustrations.
on 4 July 2017
my granddaughter loves dolphins so she enjoyed reading this story
on 23 September 2009
We are huge fans of Michael Morpurgo books. Dolphin Boy is a lovey story, beautifully illustrated and we all greatly enjoyed it. We read this firstly when we took it out from the library, but I ended up buying our own copy. It's not a chapter book, so aimed at younger children, however it enjoyed by us all: 2.5 year old girl, 6 year old girl, 8 year old boy and 39 year old Mum!!
on 3 May 2010
Bought to use as part of Sea Theme with Year 1 and 2 looking at various types of fish / sea mammals. Brilliant story. Children reaaly related to this. Super writing as result.
on 25 January 2013
This was the first book by this author my 8 year old read. It is a good starting point as it is a relatively short book but is a heart warming story that is sure to please all ages. I enjoyed it very much. If your child likes animal stories as mine does, you can't go wrong with this one.
on 2 May 2012
I love this book! It is ideal for the classroom. I read a little of the story and got my KS1 class to write what happened next.
The illustrations compliment the story and the story itself is all about working together to resolve a problem. The literary features such as similes, metaphors, adjectives and powerful verbs can also be explored in class.
on 21 April 2012
Great story. We are a big fan of Michael Morpurgo and have cried at most of his books. This is a lovely story for younger children.
on 3 March 2015
This book is a fabulous entertaining adventurous book. I would recommend this book for a 4-12 year old book as it is a lovely enjoyable piece of writing and has very understandable language.This is a fantastic book and I think that loads of other people will hopefully enjoy it as much as I did!