on 15 August 2006
This was bought for my 7-year old son a few months ago with a view to encouraging him to start reading for himself. This definitely did the trick. He's now read all of the Horrid Henry books, all of Dav Pilkey's Captain Underpants books and started reading 'Goosebumps' books. This has taken just a few months from him showing little interest in reading fiction to himself to now reading every night before he goes to sleep. He really enjoys this particular book and I think he's read it three times now. I would heartily recommend this to any parent trying to get their kids to read. It's great to hear my son laughing away to himself completely wrapped up in this book.
on 21 April 2017
The Horrid Henry books are very suitable for our 7 year old. He can read them himself and they are also fairly painless for an adult to read to their child. This 10 in 1 book is excellent value.
on 9 May 2017
My daughter gave up reading the book as she struggled to see the words. unfortunately unable to change font size on kindle with this book. became more of a struggle than enjoyment for her
on 24 January 2017
My son enjoyed this book and it was in great condition
on 11 March 2017
my grandson loved it
on 8 March 2006
Stuck for choice of books for my grandchildren, in a Manchester bookstore, I noted a young boy and his father searching the shelves. The boy explained: he wanted more Horrid Henry - he had learned to enjoy reading after someone bought him his first H-H. On his advice, I bought this one. The grandchildren's response was "Wow! More, more" - and so was that of their friends who heard the stories too. So, I'm looking for more. NB I don't enjoy them so much but then, I'm not the right age any more.
on 26 July 2007
I recommend these books for children aged 6-9. They are great at encouraging children to read. I initially bought the story tapes for my reluctant reader son. Both my children (boy 8, girl 7) loved the stories so much that soon they were both devouring the books. They are aimed at a younger audience than (beloved but less accessible) Just William. The typeface is large and easy to read, the stories short and fast paced, but most importantly, they are really funny and Horrid Henry appeals to the rebel in all of us.
on 13 November 2007
Iam 8 years old and I really enjoy this book because of all the different storys I also like this book because its very funny.
on 19 September 2008
If you like horrid henry small book you will love horrid henry big bad book its funny and interesting becauseit about a boy called horrid henry and a brother called perfect peter.If you like reading about people who do reading about bad things i recommend It to children and adults.
The author is Francesca simon and the illustrated by Tony ross and will give it afive out of five rated.

by rachel
phoenixes class
age 10 years old
yr 6
on 13 June 2008
As the mother of 2 boys I can highly recommend this whole collection of books.
My eldest son has now outgrown them but, I read them to my 5 year old almost every night. The stories are about normal things that are familiar to them like , eating vegetables (or not), doing homework (or not), school sports day, packed lunches, shopping, nits, dinner ladies..... They are easy to follow stories that are funny to kids
All I will add is if your child likes this book he will like them all!