Customer reviews

on 23 October 2012
This is a great series of books. My son who is 9 loves the mystery element and read all 17 books in a few weeks. My daughter is 13 and while she is probably a bit old for the story lines claims them as 'background reading' whilst studying Latin. I at 40 find the plots a bit predictable after a while but enjoyed reading the books regardless. There is much to be gleaned of the Roman way of life and some useful vocabulary picked up. The BBC have serialised these and the dvd is now on the christmas list!

In this book the children help one of Mirian's childhood friends.
One person found this helpful
on 3 March 2017
Interesting read for my grandaughter
on 11 November 2013
My daughter adored this series and knows more than me about the Romans and all other ancient civilizations now. A real good read for a child. Amusing her, she read it many times over.
on 8 September 2015
Good book, recommended.
on 20 November 2013
My daughter loves this series of books and has not been disappointed with any of them. She re-reads every one.
on 18 March 2013
I started reading this book and I thought this was the worst book yet. But I was wrong it's the best I have ever read in this series.
on 4 January 2015
Very pleased with order.
on 5 March 2016
Granddaughter loves it
on 27 January 2016
little more difficult to understand
on 15 March 2015
Everything in perfect order. And my daughter was very happy with the books! Many thanks!