Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 5 September 2010
Francesca Simon has done it again - Horrid Henry Rocks is another fantastic book containing four stories which will capture childrens' imagination and attention. Horrid Henry, Perfect Peter and Moody Margaret are all included in some of the stories along with their other friends and school friends.
Horrid Henry wants revenge on perfect Peter when he looses access to the computer in Horrid Henry's Invasion, Horrid Henry gets stuck at one of Moody Margaret sleepovers, Horrid Henry ends up sucking up to Moody Margaret in Horrid Henry's Autobiography and finally in Horrid Henry Rocks, Horrid Henry ends up being chosen to go on stage at a youngsters stage show and then get evicted by security when he sings rock music on stage, before being given VIP tickets to the gig he really wanted to go to.
I would thoroughly recommend this to all Horrid Henry fans, i know when my two chidlren see the book, they will be fighting over who reads it first.
Well done Francesca Simon - a great read for children and adults alike!!!
on 21 August 2014
7 year old was reluctant to read. horrid henry just made him want to pick up a book. absolutely genius writer. Boys need more encouragement I find and horrid henry hits the spot. now he reads all sorts.
on 26 August 2012
This review could apply to pretty much any of the Horrid Henry books.

My daughter had been able to read for a while, but hadn't really gotten interested in it. As a lunatic bibliophile myself, I was struggling to find out why she wasn't more excited by books, and we had many unread, what I would call "girlie" books, piled up gathering dust. Then someone bought her the Horrid Henry boxset.

And she was off. In the space of six months she has gone from apathetic to an enthusiastic reader, who will sit and devour a book in silence, to the point I think I bother her while she's reading, as I'm not used to it being so quiet - and it all started with Horrid Henry. She loves all of these books, and read them all many times, before she started onto something (everything) else. She is now nearly 7, and has discovered the joys of our local library over this summer.

So, if you're struggling to find something to encourage your child to develop a love of books, give him a go.

By the way, the girlie/fairy books are no longer gathering dust. Having read some of them, she declared they were so boring she nearly fell asleep, and so they got donated!
on 26 November 2012
My children loved Horrid Henry's audio CDs but not allowed to listen to it anymore.

At first they found HH behaviour socking, then funny, now they mimic him.

My older one started to call her little brother WORM and treat him bad.

Not in my house; if you want your children learn rude, bully behaviour this is the audio book for you.

The ugly parts far outways the funny bits.

Beefy Bert

Famous Five
Robinson Crusoe
Heidi
The Phoenix and the Carpet

and guess what name calling finished!!!
on 15 October 2013
Francesca Simon has created a truly horrid character. What can I say, my 7 yr old daughter absolutely loves the Horrid Henry series. It is our most popular bedtime read and the series has also encouraged her to read on her own.
on 24 January 2012
It is a hilarious book and when you read it you will know lots of cunning tricks to play on your enemy.
on 23 September 2013
Francessa Simon really thought this books
out well.It has one of my favourite horrid Henry chapters and I ( spoiler alert) enjoyed the part when he was sent the tickets to see the Killer Boy Rats!!# best one yet(#save the ocelots)
on 19 December 2013
Loved his plans to ambush the evil mastermind moody Margret. And the mustash on Mum. The moody sleep OVER! The "Henry the Zombie" and most of all the Daffy the Daisy killer boy rat song!Horrid Henry for EVER!
on 27 December 2011
My daughter is Horrid Henry crazy and loves to listen to the stories. She had this on her CD player the moment she opened it and is very happy with it.
on 16 May 2013
This book was really good that I didn't get one single bit bored at any time when reading this book!!!!! It was 100% good and that's why I have given this book*****(five stars!!!!!) I recommend you read this book now when you have time!!!!!