Customer reviews

on 13 November 2013
This has hardly any information at all and did not help with my childs sschool project. We went to the libary and got a few books from there that had more information than this book. Waste of money do not buy.
on 30 October 2011
A very informative book great for both my children who are 9 and 10. Easy to understand the set out very useful . All in all a very good book.
on 5 December 2013
My 6 year daughter's school topic was Victorians but I didn't study that period in history so wanted a book to help provide some background. This was fantastic and the teacher even borrowed it. Would recommend.
on 1 February 2013
Bought for a 9 year old who has a mild obsession with the Victorian era. It's a brilliant book, easily read (but not too easily, we've borrowed all the Victorian themed books in our local library and most were more suitable for 5-7 year olds. This book has brilliant facts and illustrations and I have to admit to reading it and I found it very informative too.
on 30 May 2014
I bought this as part of a set of books for my English class to use to support their studies about Charles Dickens. As they are the consumers, it is only right that I gave it such a good heading. The book is extremely accessible, concise and made more interesting by adding images from the time period. Highly recommended and engaging.
on 15 September 2013
I really like the look of this book, and quickly read some of its contents, again this was for my grandson, who is doing the history of the Victorians in school. This is a good book to have and very easy to read through
on 22 December 2011
Excellent book, though too small amount of info wise that an adult can expected. But bearing in mind that the book is aimed at a very young children, it is informative enough to give them some idea of the life at those times and encourage their interest in a history of the country in general.
on 29 May 2013
This has been a great book for my daughters class project. From being worried that she didn't know anything about her new topic, she was then happy to go into school with a head full of facts about Victorians. Very easy to read book.
on 15 February 2012
This book made my Yr3 daughters homework project on the Victorians simple.
With plenty of information and great illustrations. Its colourful, clear and easily read.
Good price and quick delivery.
Thanks Amazon.
on 15 June 2015
Daughter has been doing a month long topic on the victorians for a school project
This book is amazing and so easy to understand
Some great facts even for myself that I never knew
Worth the purchase