on 16 September 2007
Bought this for my two children along with the other titles in the 'how to draw' series,animals,funny people and monsters.
You follow the simple step by step guide to drawing set out in six seperate boxes.
You start off by copying what is in box one,the first part of the drawing,through to completing the drawing by box six.
Amonst the 101 drawings you can copy in this particular book are a submarine,yacht,fork lift truck,rolls royce,bulldozer,bus,fire engine,tractor and many many more along the same theme.
My children where seven and ten when i bought these books and they were kept quiet for hours
Well worth the purchase,especially at the price found here at Amazon.
on 24 July 2013
I bought this for my 7 year old grandson who loves drawing cars, tanks, planes etc. I like it because it gives clear, simple steps for a child to follow and I would say it is well suited to the 5-8 years' age group or earlier if your child is more artistically able.

The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because I think it could be made a bit more modern looking, not just the cover but also some of the content. It needs a bit of an overhaul to make it perfect but in terms of drawing guidance it is great. I think there might even be a newer version so just check that out before you order.
on 28 November 2013
Bought this for my sons when they were 7 and 5.

It's a great book because when they follow the easy to follow diagrams they end up with a picture that actually looks like it is supposed to look like!

Great for giving a child confidence that they can draw.
on 15 March 2013
This was one of a set of drawing books I bought as a present for my Godsons who are 10 and 12. They love the books, finding them relatively easy to follow and the choice of cartoons most appropriate.
on 6 January 2013
This book did not captivate my seven year old at all - the examples seemed rather tedious to him and difficult to draw. He soon gave up and wouldn't look at it again, so another one for the charity shop.
on 14 July 2010
Excellent way for all ages to learn to draw. I have had a go myself and I am 50 !!!!!!!!
Grandson has had many happy hours with them as well (they were bought for him)
on 6 April 2011
This was a good service arrived in days of order, the cost of the book was low so it was a fair price, there is more of this sort of book so would have liked to see a package and a one of price but that me.
I did not have it long before my granddaughter took it home with her and I still have not got it back lol.
on 29 September 2013
Admittedly 101 Things That Go was a 'used book' but I did not expect that about 8 pages had already been scribbled on leaving this a book which I can not add to our school library.
on 5 September 2009
A great book, that I bought for a 5 year old. He managed to draw using the clear diagrams inside. A good book, although colourful diagrams would of appealed more.
on 11 August 2012
Brought this for my son as a birthday pressie as he loves drawing, he is five and says it is too hard but I am sure he will use it maybe as he gets a bit older.