Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 19 November 2017
book a bit physically small.
on 9 October 2017
very interesting
on 14 September 2015
Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people? Why does mistreatment occur at the hand of our own family? What is the response to hurt? Where do I go from here? These are some of the question we’ve all asked at times of deep disappointment and discouragement. R.T. Kendall does a marvellous job of exploring Joseph’s life, asks hard questions and provides some answers.
So why did bad things happen to Joseph?
“The highest compliment a man can ever have is to be tapped on the shoulder by God. When that happens wonderful things are at hand, it also means a time of preparation is at hand. When God puts His finger on you, things may get worse before they get better”.
Also,
“When God puts us through an extraordinary trial nothing should be more encouraging for God does not mock us. He treats us with dignity and prepares us according to the task ahead”.
How did Joseph feel when betrayed by his brothers?
“What was Joseph’s ambition? More than anything else in the world he wanted vindication before his brothers, but that appeared to be an unreachable goal. Sometimes I think God gives some of us an unreachable aspiration, so that what we do attain does not go to our heads”.
The theme of Josephs need for vindication is enormous, and this theme keeps surfacing again and again. Things did get worse for Joseph when falsely accused. I believe Kendall is absolutely correct,
“God could have vindicated Joseph right on the spot, God can do anything. Why did God not vindicate this falsely accused righteous man then and there? The answer is that it is better to lose the battle in order to win the war. God had much more in mind for the Kingdom of God than Joseph’s personal vindication”.
And,
“You know what is right but have no way of clearing your name, it is an enormous honour to have a trial like that, but you will blow it if you try to clear your name, trying to win the battle you will lose the war. Let God do it”.
Finally, on this same theme,
“The most important test that a person may have to pass before he is ever greatly used of God is to be punished for doing well and then to keep quiet about it”.

You have to be in a certain place for a book to speak to you and when it resonates with your circumstances it means so much more. I got a lot from the book and found it helpful as I attempt to ‘move on’. RT does some things very well, he asks hard questions and provides answers, he asks some tough questions of the reader and his insight into the human condition is very clear. One of the few negatives I found was the references to other sections of Holy Writ or a verse of an old hymn, which sometimes seemed a bit of a tenuous link, but this is only a minor blip and not worth considering. In conclusion, ten out of ten and yes I can easily recommend it. And the answer to the questions at the beginning of this review? Ultimately, in the final analysis, God meant it for good.
on 28 December 2011
Received the order of these books in a very timely manner. I would encourage everyone to read this book, to realise how though things seem to not be going as you think they should, God holds the blueprint to the whole plan, and ultimately, under His control, all things do work out for good. These words are easy to say, but in challenging times, are more difficult to believe. These as faith strengthening and deepening situations.
on 21 June 2004
This book is simply that, wonderful! The insights and scriptural teachings are so valuable for all readers! Mr. Kendall has done a masterful job shedding the light on such a tremendous story. This book has changed the way I deal with several areas of my life. I have found in it, and in another book about the life of Joseph, "With Joseph in the University of Adversity" many spiritual insights which have helped me grow as a person and as a Christian.
on 3 January 2012
Good book - easy to read as a stand alone book or alongside the bible as a bible study. Helpful especially when life is tough!
on 26 September 2013
I enjoyed reading this book, it speaks about Joseph's life, the way God taught him some hard lessons.God works in His time, with His tools and we need to trust Him and wait for His time.A Must Read Book.
on 28 March 2015
I wish R.T. Kendall was preaching this sermon series when I attended Westminster Chapel in 1995. I've studied the Old Testament at bible college and the Pentateuch at university and nobody has unpacked the life of Joseph the way R.T Kendall has.

I'm glad he's preaching at Kensington Temple now and his sermons are being videoed and uploaded onto the website. These are the kinds of sermons I wish I heard when I became a Christian in 1987.
on 31 August 2014
Yet another excellent book by R T, very enlightening and thought provoking. Makes one think how God could be working in your own life. Would highly recommend to read
Jane Hector, Cambridgeshire
on 8 January 2014
Excellent Product is worth spending money for. It's a good read. Also the price is not bad .it came quick as well