on 29 June 2013
Carlsberg arrived late even though I paid for speedy delivery. Some of the lagers were leaking and dented. vERY DISAPPOINTED ALSO NO FOLLOW UP FROM SUPPLIER EVEN THOUGH I COMPLAINED
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 June 2007
How anyone can say anything else about this book is beyond me! I felt the Charachters pain, I laughed, I bawled my eyes out fairly regularly. This is an amazing amazing book and any chicklit fan has to read it. Having read all but 2 of Marian Keyes books ( im working on it) This is by far the best.
on 15 May 2006
I was ecstatic to see that there was a new book out, and am a big fan of the author. I would rate all her previous books 5/5 but felt this one was far fetched and silly. Firstly, anyone who thinks that a shop assistant will try to find a futures broker in the city must be insane-it's just not credible! Secondly, the detective parallel story was boring and silly, and I managed to skip most of it. I still loved the odd pieces like feathery-strokery, and the heart felt emotions expressed, but it was definitely not up to the usual standards!
on 12 December 2006
Emotional without going overboard.If you do not like sad books, do not read this one. Marian Keyes at her best. Fantastic book, just make sure you do not read it in a public place! :-)
on 20 July 2006
Could not put this book down. Kept waiting for husband to return on every page!Got quite a shock in the middle! Got half way and left book in hotel in Calgary!!!I will now have to wait till paper back comes out to read ending.Not happy about that as I think It was one of her best books
on 10 July 2007
I wasnt sure about this book when i first picked it up, but once i got into it, a clicked to what was going on, i loved it and couldnt put it down. It will make u laugh (alot) and will make u cry (also alot)
Fab!!!
on 19 March 2007
This is the first time i picked up a book by Marion Keyes, always stayed away from her books before thinking they wouldnt be my kind of thing but as it was cheap at Tesco's thought i'd give it a try.

I was engrossed by this book (sorry about spelling but its like gone 2am after reading the ending of the book) Never read anything so emotional, so heartfelt and so funny in my life. Yep Maian Keyes has you on the edge of your seat waiting to find out whats happened with Aiden as all you find out at the start is that Anna Walsh is injured, back at home in Ireland recovering and wanting to get back to New York to find Aiden. When i got to the part where you find out Aiden has died i was gob smacked and so wanted to read on to find out what happens next. The emails from her sister Helen are funny but adds an edge to the story so not to make it too depressing. The next big gob smack was when she recieves a letter from Aidens ex girlfriend only to find out that Aiden has a child by her. Did he cheat on her before he died? did he have a love child? what happened in her life and how she finds out the truth. Her sister Rachael also plays a big part in the story being an emotional support for Anna. The ending is what i can only describe as beautiful and so longed for through out the book that when it comes in the epiloge its not a suprise but its just the simplist most loveliest ending to the book.

This book is highly recommended by me and i will certainly be picking up some of her other books to find out about Rachael and Helen's lives. More of this kind of book is needed for me
on 31 May 2006
Although i couldn't put the book down, i thought it was a bit too depressing to be honest, to know that people actually think the way these characters do. I didn't find any of the characters likable and it dragged a little. However i thought the Other Side of the Story was an amazing book so maybe i'm not being fair compairing it to it. Anyway, she still remains one of my favourite authors; the book is still worth a read!
on 15 June 2007
I read Anybody Out There while on holiday in Greece and I could not put it down. I laughed out loud and I sobbed within minutes of each other at the final chapters. It is superbly constructed with flashbacks, and builds up the atmosphere and tension with absolute precision. Don't pack this in your suitcase - get it in your hand luggage!
on 9 April 2006
Another great book by marian keyes fantastic, a great read couldnt put it down , its funny sad tearful but all in the right places.