Customer reviews

Those Who Save Us
Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 May 2014
my whole family read and loved this book.mother,sister and daughter.we all thought it was so different as it tells the story of a daughter of a war survivor,both now living in america, who is not jewish and her relationship with her mother.she is trying to unravel her mothers unusual war time experiences .
on 20 September 2013
I first read this book about five years ago. Since then I have read it twice more.
I love it. The subject matter is dark and emotionally troubling, but the story is simply gripping.
Definitely in my top five books of all time and thoroughly recommended.
on 6 March 2015
Couldn't put this down! Not your typical holocaust story but excellently written, captivating. One of those books that I need to pass on, but need to find the right person who will appreciate it! (book-lovers problems)
on 27 February 2014
sorry for the late review. Very pleased with my book and having just finished it, I absolutely loved the story. Not the first time bought books from the seller and each time I am very happy with the service.
on 2 August 2013
It was good. And interesting. As I love all books to do with WWII I really like the true stories of ordinary. People's life that they indured during the darkest time of our excistance.
on 2 July 2015
Interesting book which shows that although Nazis were undoubtedly evil,not all ordinary Germans were of the same mindset.A good storyline that kept my attention.
on 27 November 2012
I enjoyed this wartime story and it gave me a perspective of different people's views and how different people cope. It was quite dark and hard going in places.
on 29 November 2010
I picked this up in a bookstore in the US and the sales clerk immediately said to me ' it is amazing'. She was completely right. It regularly made uncomfortable reading and frustrating - more with Trudy's character's decisions. Beautifully written despite the topic and I would highly recommend it.
on 2 June 2015
A thoroughly enjoyable read despite the uncomfortable subject matter in places and once started couldn't put down
VINE VOICEon 29 June 2011
A wonderful and remarkable novel which I have included in my list of favourite books.

I found the subject matter very harrowing in places and one particular character's recollections of Nazi Germany and it's treatment of the Jews ...well I found myself reading it over and over.

Just dazzling...a true masterpiece.