Customer reviews

on 27 December 2014
this book is highly amazing its got a variety of some incredible visual illusions just as the the title was preformed adn prepared on the cover of the book a lot of my family friends thought is was some amazing outstanding book. the illusions can really trick you its worth the money to get this amazing book. i thorought enjoyed it whilst sitting with my kids trying to work out how the shots were illusional. its paper back and got solving questions inside the book. there are some stunning illlusions placed and its also got full page pictures. It has 256 pages numbered in the bottom right corner. its got great pictures, in quality i would probally say its about 12 ultra pixels which is one massive quality. I mean yeah its a pretty easy book to make, but wow the author is amazing for making this fine detailed book. there fore if it was my choice to rate it, it would most certianly be a 5 star rate. i know i spent ages typing this but oh my was it worth it. I just want you to experience the same as i did. I defenitly am making it highly recommened, for over 3 and 3 up to 200 years of age. thankyou if you read this all.
on 24 September 2017
Amazing book for the kids and parents to gawp at the brain-altering images.
on 14 June 2010
Bought as a gift for someone else I did get to peek inside it before wrapping it up! I loved it and so did the receipient. A wide variety of illusions to dazzle and fascinate and I find it hard to imagine that anyone could not like this book.
on 14 December 2012
I have always been amazed by the speed you get the orders out. The quality of the book was 'as new' I have so far very been disappointed. Well done.
on 25 March 2015
My daughter was very happy with book. Excellent condition.
on 9 May 2006
Simply amazing. It's a wonderfully complete, well-researched treasure. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I just wish I had a niece or nephew of the right age to receive a copy as a gift. I hold a PhD in optical physics, and I work in the field of optical design, and I found many stunning effects here that I can show to any colleagues who still retain a sense of wonder, but I'd love to give it to a curious 7-year old and initiate them into the fascinating world of visual perception. My edition seems to be slightly different to the current, but I don't imagine that Al Seckel has seen any need to make major changes. I have 256 pages, mostly given over to the full-page images, with a minimum of well-written text, just enough to whet the appetite for explanation, clear and simple enough for a child, accurate enough for a professional. Highly recommended.
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 October 2011
A book filled with very clever optical illusions. Good clear images creating thought provoking illusions. The majority of the art pieces are also to be found in Al Seckel's larger collection "Masters of Deception", however this is still a good book in its own right. Buy this book if you cannot afford "Masters of Deception" and you will still be pleased with the results. Package arrrived well wrapped and in as new condition, within only 2 days of order.
on 26 May 2011
i bought this for my dad - a man who has everything. he thought it was great. apparently some of the images made him feel sick - quite a feat for a flat image!
on 31 July 2012
it is amazing. i love optical illusions and have loads of books on them but this is by far the best. i bought it used but it came look as though it was brand new i love the colourful pictures to!!!!!!!!!
on 16 January 2012
I purchased this book for my son but I had a look at it before and it's lots of fun. There is an image or eye game on almost each page so plenty to keep everyone occupied.