on 22 October 2017
A very well laid-out book, easy to read and pleasing on the eye. Have some lovely pictures of various tarot decks and has useful information for how to begin your tarot reading, and I like the fact it stresses the importance of developing and learning to trust your intuition. A professional tarot reader does not need pictures on the Minor Arcana in order to do a good reading. By pictures, I mean as in the Rider Waite deck, not as in the Marseilles' deck. There are absolutely loads of excellent beginner spreads as well as complex spreads for the more experienced. All-in-all a great book to own for any Tarot enthusiast and highly recommend it for beginners.
on 25 April 2017
great book easy to read and lots of information ............
on 12 August 2017
Fast shipping. good quality product. thanks.
on 25 November 2017
Fantastic for a first time book for a gift
on 9 August 2017
Prompt delivery item as expected
on 19 October 2011
I bought this book after reading a nice review at Aecletic forum. I think it suits better beginners/intermediate readers. Advanced tarot readers will probably feel bored. The book goes quickly through tarot history, decks, related skills (meditation, astrology), but what is really good about it is the collection of spreads and quick card meanings! I have been using it for almost one month now and am quite pleased. Definitely recommended!
on 20 October 2009
This book is excellent in terms of the share ammount of information it provides. It addresses most of the areas that other tarot books neglect and everything is given in nice bite sized portions so that learning how to read the tarot is never overwhelming but always enjoyable. Out of all the tarot books I've purchased, this is the best (with Tarot for Writers coming close second).

My only small criticism is that the card discriptions discuss the possible meanings of each card but don't spend any time connecting the meanings to the detail of the picture. To address this matter I have the Rider Waite book which concentrates almost eclusively on picture detail (but isn't good for much else).
on 5 October 2014
Brilliant well written book.
I use this book all the time for reference on my readings when I am not sure of the cards meaning.
For learning the Tarot journey this is probably the best book I've had it helps a great deal in understanding the many layers of Tarot.
Buy the book you won't be disappointed with it.
on 23 August 2011
I have the same book in a different cover, same series, same RRP (which I paid in full): 400 colourful glossy pages: 16.7 x 14 cm x 3 cm thick. © 2006

Other books explain what is going on in the card but have only short interpretation sections. This one has a pageful of (mainly psychological) interpretation opposite a large coloured picture of the card and lists of keywords and key phrases. It is much better to have a coloured image of the card while studying than the greyscale images found in older books. The Tarot Directory section has a double page for each card, Major & Minor.

I can manage to read the print with 60YO eyes even under just a couple of the strongest silly curly mercury bulbs, unless too tired.
on 27 July 2012
I bought this book and I find it perfect! I am not a complete beginner and I am on the run upwards! I like the fact there are key words, and key phrases. I also like the in depth interpretation of each card. The only thing I would of liked to have seen is one 'core meaning' which is what you find in Tarot for Beginners by Barbara Moore. Other than that, this book is just wonderful for a beginner who wants the mystery taken out of reading their favourite tarot deck.