on 2 May 2017
This is a great encyclopedia for anyone interested in spirituality, it covers so much. Amazing.
on 8 March 2010
Many books of this type simply skim over the basics, giving only a 'taster', and leaving the reader to toddle off and discover more for him/herself on their own. One is often under the impression that the contributors don't really understand their subject.
Not so with this book. It describes itself as a complete guide, and it does indeed seem to cover every alternative therapy that ever was, albeit in only two pages per discipline, and these heavily illustrated. Where this book differs is that it links other similar disciplines together - 'if you like this, why not look at that?'.
If you're after a 'sweetie shop' of therapies, then this is a very good book to start you off.
Encyclopedia of Mind, Body and Spirit: The Ultimate Guide to Healing Therapies, Esoteric Wisdom and Spiritual Traditions
on 12 June 2011
I am a physiotherapist in private practice and generally incorporate a holistic treatment approach because i believe the body/mind/spirit approach is definitely beneficial for my clients. I already have knowledge and use some of the body therapy treatments listed in the book, but it helps to have the mind/spirit aspects all together in one book. I like the brief overview of each subject. It is a book for the coffee table for dipping in and out or for the waiting area for my clients to read.
on 2 November 2009
I confess to being one of the consultant editors of this Encyclopedia. Usually I am very suspicious of coffee table books that try to encompass this huge field, but we have put a lot of work into creating this one and making sure that it is clear, intelligent and inspiring. You can dip anywhere and find useful information. ---- Before we edited it, some of the contributions were awful - badly written and biased - but I feel that I can fully endorse it now. It also looks good and is a good deal for the money. I hope you like it too.
on 14 March 2010
A beautiful book for anyone interested in learning more about our own person.
Up - to- date with information and beautifully illustrated this is a book for everyone..even non-believers!!
on 14 March 2015
Excellent book and excellent condition arriving well within the time stated