Customer reviews

on 10 July 2005
I was surprised at the size of this cookery book - somewhere between A5 and A4 and square shaped - but having delved inside, it has a good range of cookies, brownies, biscotti & cakes. The photographs are appetizing and very well crafted. The recipes are straightforward and extremely clearly laid out, one per page. The cinnamon & raisin biscotti far out-do store bought Italian imports! This would make a great gift.
on 28 September 2005
This is a great little book. I have now tried most of the recipes with great results every time. This book is a must have if you like to bake.
on 19 April 2006
this is a very well used book in my kitchen, some delicious recipes, particularly the oat and raisin cookies and shortbread. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys baking and indeed eating cookies and b iscuits.
on 1 September 2003
This book is clearly laid out, the recipes are easy to follow and the results always pleasing. It also offers alternative ingredients for some recipes which allows you to experiment.
I love to cook and my husband loves to take my baking into his office to share with his team. The oat and raisin biscuit recipe on page 13 deserves a special mention - it sounds pretty boring as biscuits go but my friends, family and the folk in my husbands office reckon these are the best biscuits ever! While all the cookies, biscuits and biscotti in this book are tasty these are simply outstanding. I recommend buying this book for that one recipe alone.
on 9 February 2009
Interesting variations on the basic biscuit. I only gave 4 stars as I was expecting more biscotti recipes as suggested by the title, there were only 2...Other than that, this a good book.