on 20 July 2017
Great product. Thank you for the prompt delivery.
on 5 April 2015
I had to buy this book as part of my course. The book is very informative, and quite interesting
on 3 November 2007
VEry useful book for my first year cognition lectures, and it's been recommended as a core text for 2nd year aswell. Readable, and not too complex to understand.
on 26 July 2017
This is a must for any psychology student. This is an excellent book and I found it most helpful, especially as a starting point for an essay idea/s. The writing style is easy to read so you won't have trouble following what the authors' are trying to say (which is the last thing you need when it's 2am and you have 3 deadlines, we all know it).
on 4 May 2010
I use this textbook for my third year Psychology course. I've just finished reading it cover to cover, and it is a fantastic book. To be honest, cognitive psychology can be a little dry at times, and at other times, just plain confusing. However, I found this book to strike a good balance in being very readable, and also quite enjoyable. There are plenty of case studies, and current research discussed, and it is bang up to date.

I'm not going to say it was a joy to read at every point - there are some long and difficult pages, but it pays off to read them, and it doesn't sacrifice facts for always being a page-turner. It certainly gave me plenty information, and I feel like I have a good grasp of the subject after reading it.
on 28 September 2000
This book, aimed at the undergraduate combines a good amount of depth with enough coverage of the material required for a course in Cognitive psychology. it covers all essential areas such as Memory, Perception, Language and Attention as well as having good summeries and having an easy to read text.
on 16 October 2009
This was a recommended text for my cognitive psychology course, and it was most definitely a great boon to the work that I had to do in that course, as it contained a lot of information in easy to follow chapters. However, the book fell into the psychology cliché of being bland and monotonous, and not always easy to understand.

This book makes an excellent reference guide for specific theories on cognitive areas of psychology, and is best taken one section at a time, and in light of this wil be a very useful tool for any cognitive psychology module, be it on memory, perception or other areas.
on 29 March 2003
I was reluctant to order the book at first as my knowledge on this field is basic and I thought it might not offer practical information easily comprehensible to a nonspecialist. However, I found a lot of information about perception and memory which I think can cast some light on the different ways students understand and recall language. I particularly enjoyed chapter 12 which referred to language comprehension and dealed with the ways in which information is processed explaining terms such as 'parsing' and 'pragmatics' which enabled me see my students' comprehension problems at reading and listening from a different point of view.
Apart from that, there was some information about the abilities of chess masters and other experts which I enjoyed reading. Generally, I think the book is a source of knowledge for anyone who is interested in mental processes and in the way they affect our abilities and skills.
on 21 January 2011
This book should be a very good guide to the topic and certainly contains lots of interesting studies, research and theories. However the writing style is impossibly difficult to follow and too many terms are used without explanation only adding to the confusion. More diagrams would have been very useful as the authors try to, unsuccessfully, describe experiments with words when pictures would have been better. If I wrote my uni assignments like this book I would be failing.
on 5 January 2002
This is a must for any OU student studying D309, but it also compliments perfectly both the foundation and child development courses. Eysenck has definitely mastered this field of psychology! The style and presentation of what is undoubtly a complex subject means you can "dip in" to any area of any chapter.