Customer reviews

on 12 September 2013
This edition conveniently came out just before my trip to Ukraine. I was only there (in Lviv) for three days but during that time I found the guide extremely useful, especially for its notes on getting around the city, local knowledge etc. I also used it to choose a hotel and restaurants to eat in, and generally I agreed with the author's reviews, although the maps for finding them could have perhaps been a bit more detailed!
I travelled for academic purposes, to investigate the city's Jewish history and the guide was also impressively informative for this. At the back there are some basic Russian and Ukranian phrases, though I'd suggest buying a separate language guide.
Overall, highly commendable.
on 5 January 2014
I rarely write reviews on Amazon but when I purchased this book expecting it to be up to date, I got a shock when I received it.

This book includes details on Malev Hungarian Airlines which went bankrupt nearly 2 years ago and is still included in the book, also the same for what used to be the official airline of Ukraine.

Overall it doesn't seem to have been updated and I'm extremely dissapointed as Bradt guides are usually pretty good in terms of details.

Won't be buying again!
on 20 July 2014
Not in colour, few plans, pictures.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse