DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 May 2009
I had an idea about doing some conservation work before i left for Africa, but it was just that - an idea. Luckily my parents bought me this book for my birthday and what a present it was, it allowed me to turn my ideas into a reality. Without this i wouldn't have known where to start and would have been pretty lost once i did! If you are even considering a trip of this nature, i strongly recommend reading this so you get a real feel for what is involved.
on 16 May 2009
Wildlife and Conservation Volunteering: The Complete Guide (Bradt Travel Guide) (Bradt Travel Guides)

All the conservation volunteering companies look the same from their websites & this book was perfect for identifying what the key issues are and was a great help in selecting the right project for my grandson who is off travelling around South America.
on 10 August 2011
I bought this book a few years ago as I was wanting to do something helpful with my life but I just didn't know where to go and who to trust to take care of me while I was there. The book was very helpful for finding out about organisations in the UK and worldwide that I'd never heard of. In a clear and concise way the audit lays out specific functions of each organisation covering just about every type of species available. I actually found a project in the book that I had already seen on the internet - using the books assessment of the project I felt more sure that I was making an informed choice. A year after buying the book I finally went on one of the projects and it was the best thing I could have done. Two years after buying the book and I'm back looking through it again trying to choose my next adventure! This would make an excellent choice as a guide for anyone thinking of doing some conservation volunteering abroad.
on 18 May 2009
A sound, well researched and dependable guide.

Rather than just suggesting bars, nightclubs and signseeing destinations like other guidebook series, this Bradt guide gives a good account of what can be done to actually use your time constructively in west Africa.

Home to some of the most stunning flora and fauna in the world, West Africa cannot be missed of any African travel itinerary.
on 4 October 2014
A must read for all who wish to go into volunteering. Great for students and for allwho want to know about all the organisations that help in conservation and organise trips . I learnt alot from this book.
on 30 July 2016
I bought this book as I was interested in volunteering with tigers. A picture of a tiger takes up half of the front cover so one would assume that this book would be suitable. The first thing I did was check the index for 'tiger'. No mention of tigers, but has wombats, toucans and red crabs!! How can a species that is of such conservational concern not be in a book that is supposed to be written about wildlife conservation volunteering?! The book does appear to be structured well with useful information on primates, sharks, turtles and Africa's cats but if you want it for tigers don't bother.
on 9 March 2011
Great book for anyone who may be thinking about volunteering. It's "warts and all", so paints a good picture if what it will really be like, rather than a glamourised version. We were able to buy it at a good price, and delivery was very quick. In all, highly satisfied.
on 23 October 2013
I loved it ! This book gave me a great insight on what to do my trip and where to start in the first place! It can be quite daunting to plan a trip based on what you read just from the internet but having a book dedicated to using your time properly in Africa and many other places was so helpful! This is a must read for travelers interested in wildlife!
on 23 October 2013
Wildlife and Conservation Volunteering (Bradt Travel Guide) This book is a must read for anyone thinking of volunteering.
It is full of excellent information on a wide variety of opportunities. Its format is easy to use and it enables the reader to find all the information they need to have a successful volunteering experience.
on 27 December 2009
An excellent guide to volunteering all over the world. A must have for anyone considering a worthwhile and meaingful trip.