Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 August 2013
An extremely comprehensive, well written guide which provides essential information, guidance, cultural history and imparts the visitor with an excellent background knowledge of Zambia. As a frequent traveller, I found this to be the best travel guide which I have ever read. It maintains the high standard set by Bradt Travel guides and is thoroughly recommended for anyone who is interested in learning about Zambia and invaluable to potential travellers to the region.
on 23 January 2012
I waited anxiously the day the 5th edition of Chris McIntyre's guide on Zambia would be available, as I am planning a longer trip to Southern African countries. And right I was, because this new edition takes fully into account the changes that have occurred in these last years, with detailed information on what has been planned and implemented until 2011. Packed with useful and detailed information, McIntyre has written, or better: updated, this edition with much heart and dedication. For instance, the description of many lodges is as detailed as it gets. I will choose this one guide for my travel in Zambia, preferring it over other sin other languages I have. Another useful tool by Bradt and Chris McIntyre especially, together with the other guides on neighboring countries (Namibia and Botswana) he has written.
on 19 November 2014
Absolutely brilliant. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone thinking of taking a holiday in Zambia. My dad who lived in Zambia for 15 years back in the 60's and 70's was so impressed with this book he couldn't stop reading it!
on 22 March 2013
This is the best travel guide on Zambia which I have seen. Whether you are a tourist or a Zambian, you will definately find it very informative and helpful! I love the info on local national monuments and history, as well as lodges. We always carry it along when we drive around Zambia, and it keeps us entertained!
on 15 February 2013
It was very topical and conclusive. The detail and pictures were very extensive. I would recommend this book to anybody travelling to Zambia for the first time. I have visited Zambia approximately 10 times so far.
on 10 February 2014
Bought this as a present for a friend before they went to Zambia.
She was delighted with it and said that the advice in it was great.
Good value and good packaging.
on 27 February 2014
I just love Chris Mcintyre's inimate knowledge of Zambia. From history and politics to wildlife and geology, he's got it covered.
on 18 February 2016
Bought as a gift for someone travelling there but I know the information has been useful as well as interesting.
on 15 June 2015
bought for mum. quick delivery and she found it really useful
on 16 August 2014
Good detailed guide. Useful as planning self drive safari.