on 5 August 2015
Best travel guide compared to what other travellers were using when I was in South Africa. Even the guide was impressed with the book, able to mark off and identify what you see. Very handy having it out in the bush.
on 1 October 2009
I originally bought this as a reference guide and was initially disappointed. Once I got to read it, I was really pleased I'd bought it. It is more a general guide for wildlife and being on safari, very interesting and well written. From my experience of being on safari, it is mostly accurate too. Well worth buying
on 12 August 2015
One of the best writers about wildlife ever. He is enthusiastic and knows his stuff. You will never regret owning this superb reliable book.
on 3 September 2013
Not really afield guide. A guide book yes but it doesn't tell much of the animals behaviour, habitat or tracks. I found I really didn't use it much . The info was wordy rather than concise which is what a field guide needs to be in my opinion.
on 9 August 2015
A very handy little book with lovely photos and details of the many animals found in and around South Africa. Small enough to take with you.
on 17 June 2013
I wanted a book to show me all the animal and bird life in South Africa it delivered in magnificent style. Pictures and descriptions are superb
on 19 June 2015
A good general guide to take on safari and light enough to carry around with you. Contained more information than I expected and particularly useful for mammals. Not too good for identifying birds.
on 15 October 2014
great book to check my wildlife sightings after I had safari
on 30 January 2013
this is an excellent book, clear descriptions and information, very good pictures and an ideal book to take as a guide.
on 27 October 2016
Very good just wish it had more pictures to show all the animals. Some very interesting information though