Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 16 April 2007
I had a fantastic trip to Helsinki and thought this was an excellent guide book - chatty and entertaining, whilst at the same time interesting and informative.

I would definitely recommend this book and will certainly be using Bradt guides again in the future.
on 15 March 2011
We spent a couple of nights in Helsinki last year and wanted something small with the basic info. The maps etc aren't brilliant (or detailed enough) and the layout is basic.

However, I found the writing to be highly informative and incredibly entertaining. I read it cover to cover on our bus journey from St Petersburg, tittered out loud, and wowed (or annoyed) my husband with interesting facts for our entire stay.
VINE VOICEon 4 April 2010
This guide is really well-written. There are extensive chapters on the history of Helsinki, the food, culture, people, language, the works. In some respects, the actual "sights section is a little thin in comparison, but it does the job and highlights some things that are otherwise little-known. The only gripe would be the maps - they really could be better, but it wasn't a hindrance.
on 28 October 2016
A lot of text but difficult to follow. Would not recommend.
on 14 March 2012
This book looked fine and useful until we came to use it in Helsinki and discovered that sections of pages were missing, and so we couldn't use it as many of the things we wanted were on the missing pages.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 March 2010
I wanted to get more from it. It's a pity that it hasn't got all the colors, map and cool tips I needed. Having said that, it's the best of what I could see, hence go for it anyways!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse