on 6 January 2014
As a map guide through Venice this is excellent. There is sufficient information on the main things to see and suggested restaurants, museums, important sites etc. Well written and succinct information.

The size of the Map Guide is well thought out and fits easily into a pocket (the size of a very slim paperback). The maps are printed on stiff paper so are resistant to folding in a stiff breeze. There are five maps A to E each covering a part of the City with streets (Calle) and quays (Fondamenta), squares (Campo) - except St Mark's square which is a piazza, bridges (ponte) all indicated clearly.

In a narrow street with hundreds of other visitors milling around, you will find it easy to use and unobtrusive. A must for Venice - whatever other guide books you may take along.
on 27 February 2013
We have several of these City guides and have found them extremely useful. We have a 2006 edition of Venice City Guide but this 2013 edition is right up to date especially water bus timetables. Excellent pocket size book, better than trying to hold a map up in the wind!
on 25 May 2013
This is probably the fifth or sixth Everyman Map Guide I've bought and I think they are brilliant. The book is light and perfect in size for a handbag; it is robust enough for frequent handling; the maps are clear and show enough of each area without being large and unmanageable. The information alongside is enough to inform what attractions are in the vicinity and enough to whet the appetite to discover more.
on 8 November 2013
I've used these Everyman Citymap guides for many cities around the world, they are small and discrete, not making it obvious that you're a vulnerable tourist.

The maps are more detailed than most tourist maps, the city is broken down into districts with a map and tourist information on each page which opens up from 7 x 5 inches to 9 x 13 inches.

Highly recommended.
on 23 March 2014
I have just purchased this Guide Book for my forth coming visit to Venice in May.
It looks and reads good and is very light in weight and a good size for pocket or hand bag.
I particularly like the maps for different areas that open out and fold back so neatly, also that the maps
are not flimsy and will not blow about if it's windy.
I have given it four stars and will update to its efficiency after my holiday, it appears good and I would recommend it.

"Update"...
Having returned from Venice I've given this book five stars. It really is a gem; the maps are very good but it also gives informative info on the sites not to be missed on your trip. There is a wealth of useful information: restaurant recommendations, shopping guides and travel details, to name but a few. The only guide you need for a great trip to Venice.
on 18 July 2014
This Venice book is fantastic for a novice in Venice! I went there for the first time and this book help me prepare. Telling me what sites I can go see (mainly bridges I went to find), resturants ect. The district maps where really helpful, they fold out making it just the right size, not too big and the streets are very accurate, walked all over Venice with this book helping me find my way round. The only thing is that on the far edges of Venice the map does not cover it, but it only ment a few streets where missing.

If your going to Venice for the first time, this is the book! A great guide, did not disapoint, help me find everything I wanted.
on 10 January 2014
This series of guidebooks is the most convenient of all for short visits. The way it is constructed is truly ingenious. It allows you to view a clear map and summaries of sites simultaneously. You simply flip over the map to find out about restaurants, shopping in the map area. It is slim and fits in a jacket pocket. It avoids the unnecessary detail and background that pads out other guides. This guide to Venice is perfect for a long weekend stay. The maps are clear. So far as I could test the restaurant information is accurate as are the times for museums etc. I had booked my hotel before buying it so I can't comment on its accuracy in that regard.
on 13 November 2013
Just been on lovely cruise which allowed us 2 days to explore beautiful city of Venice. This book was excellent as it was handy to carry around and I liked the maps separated into different areas with useful descriptions. Used it throughout our stay and managed to see lots of interesting sites and use the various transport systems. I have since bought this same map guide for friends who are visiting Venice on their rail holiday next year.
on 18 June 2014
Small, neat and well designed but I find folding out the individual maps rather fiddly and the scale alters on each map. All understood, but personally I would prefer a larger map covering all of the city. This is why I have only allocated 3 stars. Personal choice.
on 6 March 2015
These books are fantastic - have a couple now for different cities. The quality of the fold out maps is great - thick paper so it's not too flimsy, and the way there are lots of smaller maps with descriptions and pictures of the key sights works brilliantly.