Customer reviews

Bitten: Number 1 in series (Otherworld)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 April 2016
This is the first Women of the Otherworld novel ever written and I have actually bought it twice. I have had the paperback for many years and have now bought the kindle version. This was written as a stand alone book and can in fact still be read that way. It really comes in to its own as the start of the 13 book series as the books actually get better as the series progresses.

There is more angst in this book than many of the others and in fact both lead characters take some warming to. She is a bit whiny and he admits to being the neighbourhood psychopath. Hence 4 stars not 5. The good news is that they do improve before the end and certainly by book 2 you learn to love them.

This book is about werewolves and has a some earthy sex in the forest scenes and is a touch blood thirsty. Kelley Armstrong has gone on to write teenage books based in this world but this book is not really suitable for teenage fans of that series to move on to.
on 19 August 2017
This the first in the series introduces the wolves and the story of the only known female werewolf. The author has a writing style wich keeps me coming back for more, the pages fly by the action adventure mystery with the romance helps hold the atttention not to mention the characters are likeable even the not so pleasant seeking mayhem, some have redeeming features, others do not. The start to a great series.
on 19 January 2011
I have just finished reading this, the book was recommended to be a friend who has read most of teh series! I must admit I was unsure about the book when I first started reading it, I didn't realise it would start straight off with Elena as a werewolf, I would have liked to read the whole story of her and Clay and how they met, when they fell in love, him biting her etc etc (although have since been told the author has wrote a short story telling all this). Anyway getting past that the story was good and finally managed to get into it after a good 100 pages, half way through was when I really got into it and couldn't put it down. Hence reading the latter part of the book in under 2 days.
Not being a big 'fan' of werewolves didn't know what to expect but I surprised myself and did enjoy it, Elena did grow on me as a character, I think it is important to remind oursleves this isn't a life she chose so there is always going to me a certain amount of resentment, I liked all the other wolves - especially Clay and Jeremy.
Overall a good book, fairly easy reading not gonna change my life lol! I would definetely be interested in some of the others in the series
on 24 March 2017
Read this book years ago, and then when I found out they'd made a TV series based on the book, I read it again to compare. The book is a solid start to the series and I love Elena and Clay's characters.
on 11 June 2017
I decided to give this a try after learning the TV series was cancelled after series 3. I loved the series and found it compelling viewing, but a little violent in places for my taste.
Although the book is still gritty, it's not too uncomfortable a read. The TV series didn't follow the story exactly, which meant it was still great reading. I must have devoured this book in only a few sittings - a compelling page turner. I just wished I'd read it before I'd watched it.
on 5 October 2017
Nice to read a decent supernatural book. Didn't watch the TV series. Enjoyable read, I'm going to work my way through them.
on 15 March 2014
I loved this book so much I read it over one weekend. I downloaded it after starting to watch the TV series based on the book as it has a different theme from other supernatural series and I was not disappointed. There are quite a few sex scenes which make it more of an adult book than previous series also.
on 10 June 2017
Good book, similar to series
on 6 September 2017
Love this book, couldn't stop reading it. Think the author has done fantastic, so many twists and turns I have found and it's honestly feels like you are apart of the book with every word you read.
on 17 March 2017
Excellent reading can't wait to start the next book.. can highly recommend this series of women of the other world