Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 September 2013
It was an okay read. Struggled to keep me gripped and stopped reading it a couple of times. I would of preferred a story where more of the galaxy politics where discussed.
on 9 July 2013
I thought these books were fantastic and was sad to get to the end. The ideas are very original, the characters brilliant and the plot very engaging.
on 8 October 2013
The concept is different but it didn't keep me interested enough so I dropped it. Like L.O.T..R films it's bloated.
on 19 August 2014
Pretty ok with some interesting ideas, but a little dense to read and lacking a little in the excitement dept. I am not sure I was enamored of dolphin poetry either!
on 9 September 2013
I very much enjoyed this series of books - very well written with lots of intelligent social and political commentary & discussion as an underscore to a good story
on 8 March 2015
Excellence from David Brin. Intelligent, engaging, satisfying. AND as an added bonus it has caused upset to
many 'new age' religions/cults. Niiiiiice!
on 25 November 2013
It took a while to get into because of the different alien characters and situations, but I really got into it and enjoyed the book eventually.
on 24 December 2013
It's my first time doing this, I purchased uplift omnibus edition for to read on holiday I'm a science fiction fan but it's my first time reading this author books , I just loved the aliens and universe he created and can't wait to get some more .
on 29 March 2013
A whole new direction with all the standard bits. Space opera down to individuals struggling. Politics and relationships. Fascinating read
on 16 April 2013
starts of well enough in book one but looses it a bit in book two to make it less enjoyable