on 3 November 2008
Trudi Canavan is a fantastic author
I was looking for a new set of books once id finished the harry potter series and the artemis fowl series
and this filled that spot fantastically
Trudi has a magical way of writing, very original and enjoyable to read
definitely buy every book writen by her!
One person found this helpful
on 26 March 2013
Loved this trilogy - the books got better as the series went on, sad it is over now! Was easy reading and hard to put the books down... the series really took off in the second book! :)
on 20 May 2008
Whilst I enjoyed the first of this trilogy and moved immediately into the second book the story just seemed to drop off. You find yourself reading not because you are compelled to see what happens next but to see if anything does happen at all. Although the final quarter of the book makes the first 3 quarters seem more worthwhile I found the constant character switching ruined any flow the book may have had. I just wish more happened! With so many characters involved how can so little happen in so many pages!

Having said that the writing style is impeccable and if you are a fan of Trudi's I'd definitely give it a go!
on 3 December 2012
Have loved all of Trudi Canavan's books. I would recommend that anyone who likes fantasy has to read her books.
on 26 September 2010
No big improvement over the first book in the series. Kind of slow for me, but the story held my attention. I admit it took me longer to get into but I realised that was because of my lack of enthusiasm for the first novel. I think one of the things that made a difference was the fact it was also told from the 'foes' perspective. It made it more interesting. Also compared to the first novel there was more intrigue and you realised nothing was really quite as it seemed. Although it was still fairly predictable in parts but I felt that was easily overlooked thanks to this being a more enjoyable read.
on 3 June 2011
the actual trilogy is amazing and I would recommend anyone to get it, it is extremely worth while. And also it was delivered above my expectations as always. quality edition and time were all perfect. a thumbs up from me
on 21 August 2011
this second book is a little slower but still excellent reading, great plot exciting storyline. make sure you have the 3rd book close by and you'll want to just keep on reading!!
on 10 July 2008
Wow this 2nd book really give a fantastic twist. Your thrown into the world of the enemy from the word go. Its life from the other side. For a further twist your taken off to the world of yet another group of very powerfull immortals (the wilds). Who have all been hiding away for a millenia or two. Left wanting more just as with the first book.
on 17 April 2007
Just finished this today and had to keep reading til I finished. Like the Black Magician trilogy, book 1 was a little slow but this one is great. So many things happening, unexpected plot twists and turns. Unlike the previous reveiwer, I like the way the story skips from one plotline to another as the reader does not have the chance to get bored. And also it makes you want to keep reading so you find out what happens!

Now I just have to wait for over two months to find out what happens next....
6 people found this helpful
on 2 August 2007
Once again Trudi Canavan has surpassed herself with a great fantasy novel. From reading her first trilogy I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the last book in the ages of five to read the series.

The Last of the Wilds is a great read, and had me hooked from the start. There are so many different aspects and character development that I am pulled in all directions as to who in this book are the people to side with. I am looking forward to reading the next and wait in anticipation to see where the story leads in the final chapter of a stunning trilogy.

Thank you Trudi Canavan for a smashing read.
One person found this helpful