Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 27 March 2011
A thick book but I whizzed through it it no time - it really is an un-put-down-able page turning read that I went back to at every opportunity. The world-building is first class and the characters are well drawn and believable. The ending doesn't quite match up to the rest of the book ut that is forgivable when the journey there is as good as the rest of the book is. Highly recommended to any sci-fi, space opera fans.
on 29 January 2014
Delightful space opera, well thought out, fast paced, evocative and engrossing. I only wish there were more contemporary SF of this quality. And that Scott Westerfeld would publish a sequel!
on 3 January 2009
A fantastic novel - especially when you read it all in one go and not the split version!

Couldn't put it down. Wish he'd get on and write the next instalment...
on 31 July 2006
Says it all really. The other reviewers are pretty accurate. Nice work scott!
on 31 August 2006
I really enjoyed this book. It's big, enthralling and you can't help but get involved with the characters.

I won't give any spoilers other than to say... read it.
on 1 April 2009
What's with the overuse of the word "Propagate"?
Every subsequent time I read it, it felt like a slap round the head with a wet fish.
Not painful but left a distinctly unpleasant sensation.

I managed 192 pages and then my eyes alighted once more upon the word and with a sigh I just put the book down.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse