Customer reviews

AS-Level Maths Complete Revision & Practice
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2016
CGP textbooks have a reputation of being quality, and this edition respects that.

Like others in the series, this book has funny quips and puns and makes revision a much more enticing task.
on 16 November 2017
Good book
on 4 September 2016
on 1 September 2010
I LOVE Richard Parsons and his CGP range of revision books! Wow! How does he do it?

Like so many CGP books, you can expect plenty of colour, pictures and humour. The style is conversational, light-hearted and reassuring - as if a friend were helping you and telling you not to freak out at all those long, turgid-sounding mathematical words!

The genius of these books is their ability to be both thorough and concise. New topics are developed slowly. Each section explains the basics thoroughly to ensure brilliant clarity. I understand what I am doing and why. Later, the topic jogs along at pace. Because it gets to the point quickly, I manage to keep hold of gist.

In summary this book makes maths easy to understand!

I even feel motivated! Because each topic is bite-sized, I can whittle off a quick topic or two at a moment's notice.

If you have used CGP Maths books before, then be aware that there aren't any "Acid Tests" unfortunately. But there are still end-of-topic revision-tests to get you practising all that newly understood info!
on 2 December 2012
I am currently studying as level maths and I was struggling pretty bad at first, I bought this book to help me with my revision and it has definately helped so much! I recommend for anyone to buy because it explains things in an easier way and has a few jokes in there so it makes the revision a lot simpler and abit fun believe it or not lol!
on 5 August 2009
Came in handy for my AS revision needs.

An excellent point about this book is the header on each page that tells you whether this topic is covered by your exam board, a useful thing when you may have missed a few lessons. *ahem*
on 18 June 2016
Great book - clearly written and easy to read, it contains a wealth of information.
However, it doesn't quite cover the level of detail required for the 90% +.
Greater explanation of the methods used to reach the answers would complete this book. As it stands, it often leaves you with the general idea, but not the concreate steps.
Possibly a case of trying to do too much in one book - core and additional and questions.
on 17 November 2012
I have always found the CGP revision guides very good and would highly recommend them. However, I was slightly disappointed with this book, as although it said it was suitable for the AQA exam board it is missing the entire decision one module. But even with this problem I would still recommend the book to people studying A-level maths as it clearly explains the topics that it does cover.
on 2 August 2011
This book has helped me no end although I'm not doing my a levels any more I bought it to help with a Maths subject enhancement course and it was fantastic. Delivered very quickly and sparkling condition
on 18 October 2013
Just what a student needs to help them with their A/S level course. If you don't understand the teacher the first time double check with this book or go online to watch examples on u tube.